Here we go.

War/Miitary intervention always causes cock ups and trigger happy individuals. Some incompetent, freaked out  Iranian operative f****d up and is probably in jail now, or dead as a consequence. That's my uninformed guess.

Most commentators reckon this situation will now fizzle out, which is good. However, if it does,Trump will be seen as a stategic genius and may as a result, get re-elected. The world will continue to be led by a f***ing retarded, amoral fuckwit. Doh!

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won’t be going , in such a tense situation, it would be seen as an escalation of force with my arrival 

They're sending Socks instead. But he's not allowed his knife........ for his own safety!

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The Iranian's are shitting bricks over US air strikes now, either drone style assassinations or similar to what Syria has had a taste of under the Trump administration and Tehran is their heart. I imaging everyone there have been on a knife edge recently. Not to mention they flung a load of ballistic missiles about within hours of it.

Any speculation that it was a US false flag has little credibility in my mind.

A. what does it achieve? It's hardly grounds for invasion or regime change.

B. Tactically, how do they achieve that without the Iranians knowing? To my knowledge the US do not operate in the Caspian, so the nearest area of operation would be Iraq which is like 500km away. The jet was 8000ft up, so not long taken off from Tehran. It's definitely doable for the US, either with a stealth drone with A2A missiles, a team on the ground with SAM or an F22 over the horizon but they're all ballsy as f**k moves for an area that is hot as f**k right now. All the players are watching Iran and the Gulf! To try something like that with minimal payoff.... :hmm:

Wouldn't be the first time the US military has accidentally flattened an Iranian airliner of course but that was decades ago. If it happened today it wasn't an accident....

You’re going to have give me time to compute all that mate ?

But going back to your first paragraph I would assume it’s a mistake made by people on a ‘knife edge’, little comfort to those poor families effected though. More than likely a really horrible by-product of situations like this....

15 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

You’re going to have give me time to compute all that mate ?

But going back to your first paragraph I would assume it’s a mistake made by people on a ‘knife edge’, little comfort to those poor families effected though. More than likely a really horrible by-product of situations like this....

Save ya self the bother, I'm not an expert, just thinking out loud until one comes along. :laugh:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I wouldn't have too much faith in the Iranian military's ability when compared to a Western one. All of the units a probably fantasising about the prospect of being the ones to shoot down the 'american devils' first. And those higher up are probably shitting themselves at the thought of what trump will splat next!

Yep, accidents happen in these situations. When we were skirting the coast of the Gulf coming home from Oz a couple months ago I was looking at that flight map on the plane thinking "why the f**k are we flying over here now given all the tensions and air defence activity going off at the moment?". The Iranians are knocking down US drones, the US Navy are knocking down Iranian drones, the Iranians are launching cruise and ballistic missiles at Saudi. Seems mental to me!

I'm going the other way around next time!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

War/Miitary intervention always causes cock ups and trigger happy individuals. Some incompetent, freaked out  Iranian operative f****d up and is probably in jail now, or dead as a consequence. That's my uninformed guess.

Most commentators reckon this situation will now fizzle out, which is good. However, if it does,Trump will be seen as a stategic genius and may as a result, get re-elected. The world will continue to be led by a f***ing retarded, amoral fuckwit. Doh!

I’m not a betting man, but I wouldn’t mind getting the odds & having a few quid on him winning a second term & not completing it through I’ll health, like early stages of dementia?

If you dig up some early interviews from the early 80s of trump talking about politics it’s like a different bloke. His vocabulary is far better, much more coherent. There definitely seems to be some deteriation, some say even since 2016 he’s not as sharp? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I’m not a betting man, but I wouldn’t mind getting the odds & having a few quid on him winning a second term & not completing it through I’ll health, like early stages of dementia?

If you dig up some early interviews from the early 80s of trump talking about politics it’s like a different bloke. His vocabulary is far better, much more coherent. There definitely seems to be some deteriation, some say even since 2016 he’s not as sharp? 

I'll pass on digging out the earlier  interviews, he pisses me off so much I'll take your word for it.lol

I checked out those 'Limmy' clips. Some are f***ing funny. But what is weird is that I know lots of guys like Limmy so sometimes he seemed quite plausible. And, well ordinary!  Scotland is a different world, you get more 'characters' per square mile than anywhere else I'm sure. In the far north you gets lots of guys who just exist for field sports, I know some guys who have Thai wives because no other women will live in such desolate areas. They don't bother to learn Thai or vice versa. Even after year and years  they communicate by sign language. Trust me these guys make Limmy look  a regular guy.lol.

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I'll pass on digging out the earlier  interviews, he pisses me off so much I'll take your word for it.lol

I checked out those 'Limmy' clips. Some are f***ing funny. But what is weird is that I know lots of guys like Limmy so sometimes he seemed quite plausible. And, well ordinary!  Scotland is a different world, you get more 'characters' per square mile than anywhere else I'm sure. In the far north you gets lots of guys who just exist for field sports, I know some guys who have Thai wives because no other women will live in such desolate areas. They don't bother to learn Thai or vice versa. Even after year and years  they communicate by sign language. Trust me these guys make Limmy look  a regular guy.lol.

Sign language to your 'bitch' of choice, is the way forward ?

4 hours ago, Accip74 said:

Never bothered Reagan and he was proper shot ✌️

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

My missus speaks English, of some sort. Yet we find communication through post it notes are best option ?

Don’t talk to me about language mate, it’s a running joke between me & the Mrs........ misunderstandings that is....

.... but what about this : my kids speak Dutch to each other, my Mrs speaks french to them..... they speak Dutch back to her & of course English to me. At the dinner table I don’t know what the fcuk is going on!! ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I went to see Irvine Welsh a few years ago talk in Brussels. He’s lived & travelled all over & he was saying, unlike the Irish, the scotts dont tend to gravitate towards each other abroad in case they “out Scottish” each other! ?

I don’t know how true that is, but it made me laugh. Had a chat with him afterwards & he was a lovely bloke.....we had a pub in common ?

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

No wonder you self medicate ?? bet your kids are like sponges tho, I never learnt any languages in school, an my wife learnt the basic count to ten an introduce herself in French haha but it’s summat I’m trying to encourage me kids into, hard tho when we can’t do it ourselfs

I’m terrible mate, I really am! But yes what they way do never ceases to amaze me!

1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

I went to see Irvine Welsh a few years ago talk in Brussels. He’s lived & travelled all over & he was saying, unlike the Irish, the scotts dont tend to gravitate towards each other abroad in case they “out Scottish” each other! ?

I don’t know how true that is, but it made me laugh. Had a chat with him afterwards & he was a lovely bloke.....we had a pub in common ?

Heard a good expression the other day. Lefties like to be "prolier than thou" when talking about their upbringing. ?

1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

I’m terrible mate, I really am! But yes what they way do never ceases to amaze me!

I quite like to try making myself understood in whatever country I'm in. I'm a decent mimic and rarely get embarrassed  so I always give it a go. Had waiters say " just speak English mate it's quicker." which brings me down to earth though.? I think that translated it means "another wanker here wasting my time with pigeon French/Italian" or why.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1