Here we go.

Hold on to your hats lads. Trump has successfuly ordered the  assassination of Iran's leading general. Can't beat a good war to drum up your ratings or to take the public's mind off an attempted impeachment.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won’t be going , in such a tense situation, it would be seen as an escalation of force with my arrival 

They're sending Socks instead. But he's not allowed his knife........ for his own safety!

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I'm thinking big trouble in the middle east. ( Oh and sky high petrol prices lol)

Having given this a moments thought I'm not sure. It feels reminiscent of the allied cruise missile strike on the Syrian airbase. Or even when the Turks flattened those Russian fighters on the border. The Iranians are completely outgunned here and this General was essentially a representative of Iranian foreign operations, targeted on foreign/third party soil while meeting with Iraqi militia. My point is that it's bold but very calculated.

Personally I expect something proportionate in response because for Iran to escalate this to actual war would be the end of them.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Having given this a moments thought I'm not sure. It feels reminiscent of the allied cruise missile strike on the Syrian airbase. Or even when the Turks flattened those Russian fighters on the border. The Iranians are completely outgunned here and this General was essentially a representative of Iranian foreign operations, targeted on foreign/third party soil while meeting with Iraqi militia. My point is that it's bold but very calculated.

Personally I expect something proportionate in response because for Iran to escalate this to actual war would be the end of them.

I was thinking same this morning. Only way this would get out of hand is if Russia decide they want a bit.

Nope Donald has just walked into a bar , got the biggest bully in a headlock (earlier this week) and slapped him in front of all his pals to tell him to pack in. 

If he’d put seals into that airport , he’d be vaunted as a hero. 

Brilliant , absolutely brilliant 

• Like 6

The most you could expect from Russians is selling the Iranians game changing tech like carrier killer missiles and S400 air defence systems imo. But they're kinda Putin's ace in the hole so not sure he'd want to risk the yanks getting hold of them. :hmm:

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

What response given what happened earlier this week to the “ space centre?” 

How people do not like this man I do not know 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What are you not understanding that the Russians cannot or will not do f**k all 

their gap is too big 

I didn't say they were going to do anything, simply that is the only way this could get out of hand. News this morning was talking about WW3, as soon as I saw what it was I though load of bollox, nothing will happen.

Don't you think Russia could put up a scrap if they wanted to? Putin's time is due to finish in a few years so he might fancy a dust up.

Then while the scuffling is going on Korea or chinks decide to pick a side?

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I like the fact he cracks on, not just words for political gain. He does what he says and strikes hard to nip issues in the bud. Good on him I say.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The Americans are operating all over the world in countries that they were not officially invited into. To me the Iranians will look for an opportunity like that to kill Americans, either directly or through proxys. Maybe have a round up of 'CIA' and execute them. There's heaps of options for vengeance without escalation.

My comments have nothing to do with who I like or dislike.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

I didn't say they were going to do anything, simply that is the only way this could get out of hand. News this morning was talking about WW3, as soon as I saw what it was I though load of bollox, nothing will happen.

Don't you think Russia could put up a scrap if they wanted to? Putin's time is due to finish in a few years so he might fancy a dust up.

Then while the scuffling is going on Korea or chinks decide to pick a side?

No 

none of the above , more a wipe your mouths and move on type sketch. 

This was bin laden in a uniform they killed. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The Americans are operating all over the world in countries that they were not officially invited into. To me the Iranians will look for an opportunity like that to kill Americans, either directly or through proxys. Maybe have a round up of 'CIA' and execute them. There's heaps of options for vengeance without escalation.

My comments have nothing to do with who I like or dislike.

The likeability issue wasn’t aimed at you more at the wider media and how it perplexes me how he is painted 

possibly yes and agreed yes not a great time to be a private industry sector worker in the Middle East .  

• Like 1