• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brokeback mountain 2

f**k me there are some twats in this world! Lol

Posted Images

Id be chuffed to f**k if we could put 30 lads on the top of scawfell on a sunny day and a pint at the bottom ....

we should all stay over ideally but some lads have jobs etc 

I’ll be moving back up north at Easter so I’ll gladly start planning for a day in August ??? 

Best time , long sunshine , good weather , best views . 

Its not that hard of a walk , in my head you park at at the pub , walk on flats up past the church then start a long slow steady climb turning up round a reenterant to the right and a final push up to the summit . 

It’s a well defined path with steep bits but largely gradual . 

Should be a good day out lads 

5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Where are u that's its 5.5 hours.  3 hours for me from glasgow. If theres a pub you can stay I'll stay over and get a few pints

London mate says 5.5 hours from me ?? Looks like I got Walt to keep me company now so happy days lol

5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Where are u that's its 5.5 hours.  3 hours for me from glasgow. If theres a pub you can stay I'll stay over and get a few pints

You can camp there . 

Couple of boozers in seascale , the one in the bottom is quite isolated 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, waltjnr said:

As long as its minus 5 ,and slightly foggy! And we can stop for a pot noodle and ginsters steak slice ,bag of monster munch and a snickers ! 

Lol sure that can be arranged mate I’d prefer a nice clear blue sky day though!!

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Start at the bottom end, down from storey arms through kissing gate, over the bridge and upto the Bwlch Duwynt pass then on to the top and back down the same way Stiff...... We have run it from the storey arms side in the past, I find it easier on my knees and joints if I start the other end?

With you now , Yep branching past that woodland block . 

The full dance is rats as it’s all uphill. Stinking. 

Seen it break a few fit lads . 

I prefer the left hand route as you get the legs warmed up and you can push on up high quite quickly . You aren’t delaying the inevitable ?

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

I was in that exact spot a few months ago, a day after a bloke fell off the steep side trying to help his dog..?

On my way down some woman behind me fell if she had grabbed my shoulder she would have been fine instead she went down on her knees and ripped her knee cap off and had stones embedded under the flap it was pretty serious we called Brecon Mountain rescue and they got her off the mountain by carrying her down and it was before the dip and the rise so a hard slog for them my lad met them in the car park first thing they said was is she fat lol she ended up in surgery,  can be dangerous if you lose concentration. 

• Like 1