New bike recommendations

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to say but Carrera push bikes were a very good well made bike I think from Italy, the ones sold by Halfords are just cheap Thai copy there have been several court cases over it apparently but it

Thought I see you other day mate lol

I got an old Raleigh max fully rigid mountain bike from a car boot for £20. In really good condition and everything works. I don't intend throwing myself down a mountain on it, just to the shops and d

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

f***ing hell Don....had a dawes about 25 odd yrs ago.... Couldn't ride it around my way I used to get chased regularly lots of folks wanted it?got robbed  from outside superdrugs in the end... I'm stood at the tills and my mate chicken was outside pulling faces through the window at me and some cnut slipped away with it?f***ing choked lol... Screenshot_20200101-203344.png.fa05ef4678d68660e9535856e148d709.png

Bloody hell, they bring back some memories. Not ridden for s while, used to be quite competitive and just built up a Yeti frame, can't wait to get out on it

DSC_0214.JPG

• Like 1
9 hours ago, talt said:

I got an old Raleigh max fully rigid mountain bike from a car boot for £20. In really good condition and everything works. I don't intend throwing myself down a mountain on it, just to the shops and down a few farm tracks with the dogs. It does what i want it for, a bit old school but then so am i.

got an old raleigh hybrid her mate.i bike the dogs morning and night.you dont have to spend a fortune.i also have 3k's worth of haibike electric,but i dont like to get it mucky.lol....

7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I had the marauder with 15 gears? f***ing old bone shaker! Then I had an apex with the gurvin flexi  stem?before front suspension was the norm?Screenshot_20200102-002223.png.b13f5ac653568526ce81fcde775aeb09.png

Had one of those suspension stems on a early Mtb couldn’t get over how it felt going along an the bars dropping in the bumpy stuff so took it off ?

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I had the marauder with 15 gears? f***ing old bone shaker! Then I had an apex with the gurvin flexi  stem?before front suspension was the norm?Screenshot_20200102-002223.png.b13f5ac653568526ce81fcde775aeb09.png

I still have one of them suspension devices on the handlebars of my orange gringo, actually prefer it to fork suspension, but the most off-roading I do is bumping down off the curb ???

• Like 1

For 3 or 4hundred quid you aint really gunna get anything decent brand neYou might be lucky and find something decent'ish second hand.Either that or get a mountain bike magazine,most of the shops that advertise in them do 0%finance and sometimes have deals on last years models.You could get something decent for 40quid a month.

• Like 1