4 weeks ago I lost my lurcher who had just turned 10. Out for a walk and he just collapsed and couldn't stand up. Night in the vets and some treatment but there was no change after 24hrs so had to be PTS. Gutted. I'm now looking for another pup and just wandering how you boys  go about finding pups. I kind of keep myself to myself so don't really know of when pups come available. Probably look for something with some bull in it this time.  Thanks

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after a 10 hour round journey u finally found a pup, Welcome home Stan. 6.5 weeks old 1/4 bull 3/4 greyhound.  Got to meet the sire and bitch and will put up a picture of the sire. Stunning dog a

Katch ❤️ Bill ..........

Bother him too much, and you'd be risking a damned good clemming before the serious stuff!! ?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Harrial2 said:

4 weeks ago I lost my lurcher who had just turned 10. Out for a walk and he just collapsed and couldn't stand up. Night in the vets and some treatment but there was no change after 24hrs so had to be PTS. Gutted. I'm now looking for another pup and just wandering how you boys  go about finding pups. I kind of keep myself to myself so don't really know of when pups come available. Probably look for something with some bull in it this time.  Thanks

If if you’ve not got any dog men as mates ask on here just got a cracking pup given off here , There’s always a few about just keep a look out atb Gaz

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, white van man said:

There will be people on here planning a litter. Most will be looking to have pups on the ground in the summer though. Good luck with your search 

Thanks buddy, best to take my time and find the right one

3 hours ago, Harrial2 said:

best thing to do is don’t rush in to nothing mate keep your eyes an ears open something will come to your attention also I suppose it depends on what you fancy x wise and what the dog to be used for there’s not much point in going down the heavy build bull x road if you only fancy a dog to be used for a mooching about rabbiting moocher as the main job you’d probably be better waiting out for something more traditional bred that fits in well. You could always put the feelers out on here of the sort of crosses your be interested in an see if any ones planning breeding any 

21 minutes ago, poxon said:

best thing to do is don’t rush in to nothing mate keep your eyes an ears open something will come to your attention also I suppose it depends on what you fancy x wise and what the dog to be used for there’s not much point in going down the heavy build bull x road if you only fancy a dog to be used for a mooching about rabbiting moocher as the main job you’d probably be better waiting out for something more traditional bred that fits in well. You could always put the feelers out on here of the sort of crosses your be interested in an see if any ones planning breeding any 

Cheers poxon,  great advice there. I promised myself the next lurcher I had would have bull in it but not half cross, be too much of a dog for me. Would be looking for a 1/4 bull. I miss having a lurcher but as you said no point rushing into something that's not 100% right for me. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Harrial2 said:

Thanks for the offer Penda. I've got some kind of idea what I'd like this time and will wait for the right one instead of rushing into it. If it takes me 2-3 months well so be it. 

Best way mate ,no need to rush and I'm sure you will get the pup that suits you .

atb 

6 hours ago, Harrial2 said:

Thanks for the offer Penda. I've got some kind of idea what I'd like this time and will wait for the right one instead of rushing into it. If it takes me 2-3 months well so be it. 

Yeah no worries if I here anything decent I'l let you know 

I wouldnt write a halfcross off Harrial if I was you mate. If you get the right dog they are brilliant, steady but clever and very hardy. Get one that hasnt got the shy gene and with good feet and you can have years of fun, and with far less injuries than a 3/4 Greyhound type. They tend to bounce off things rather than break like a Greyhoundy type. A half x  can be lurcher to lurcher for many generations as long as it keeps the type, athletic but strong with drive. Youll get better hunting with a half cross aswell. Good luck anyway.

• Like 3