It's a big world out there.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I watch Vids like those posted it really hammers home to me the unspoken tragedy of the ban on hare coursing in the uk .  That the dogs purposefully bred on this little island for the runnin

I think you’d being a bit misguided there sandymere .  Personally I wouldn’t Shan myself by putting two dogs into a hare in any circumstances,  but I’ve seen lads doing that out lamping.  I

And it's not all organised coursing but also some out for a bit of fun and sport.    From Russia to Chile.     

Posted Images

When I watch Vids like those posted it really hammers home to me the unspoken tragedy of the ban on hare coursing in the uk . 

That the dogs purposefully bred on this little island for the running of that big east anglia land are superior to anything else found elsewhere on this planet in a comparative sport 

the names and the bloodlines of these dogs will be lost and gone in 30 , 40 years time . 

Heartbreaking 

• Like 8
49 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

When I watch Vids like those posted it really hammers home to me the unspoken tragedy of the ban on hare coursing in the uk . 

That the dogs purposefully bred on this little island for the running of that big east anglia land are superior to anything else found elsewhere on this planet in a comparative sport 

the names and the bloodlines of these dogs will be lost and gone in 30 , 40 years time . 

Heartbreaking 

We got good one's but you wouldn't know it from youtube much as we don't often see the good stuff from abroad. It's a big world out there with a lot of sighthounds doing their job so I'd hesitate to judge them all without seeing.

Of late I've  spoken to a few people from different places and they don't reckon much to ours in truth but they similarly are based on YouTube clips which are often of kicked up hares. They don't put us in a good light.

I will say I've seen a few vids recently of some dogs in North Africa that opened my eyes.?

There does seem to be a type evolving  across a few countries that is based galgo/saluki hybrids with a bit of greyhound thrown in. IMG_20191227_205322.jpg.131741653e21965cf06a5607efbac07b.jpgIMG_20191227_205253.jpg.25dc9479cb68d118960aa10762cf0053.jpgIMG_20191227_205220.jpg.32fbb6c401d961e31fad38c1abfff8f0.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

We got good one's but you wouldn't know it from youtube much as we don't often see the good stuff from abroad. It's a big world out there with a lot of sighthounds doing their job so I'd hesitate to judge them all without seeing.

Of late I've  spoken to a few people from different places and they don't reckon much to ours in truth but they similarly are based on YouTube clips which are often of kicked up hares. They don't put us in a good light.

I will say I've seen a few vids recently of some dogs in North Africa that opened my eyes.?

There does seem to be a type evolving  across a few countries that is based galgo/saluki hybrids with a bit of greyhound thrown in. IMG_20191227_205322.jpg.131741653e21965cf06a5607efbac07b.jpgIMG_20191227_205253.jpg.25dc9479cb68d118960aa10762cf0053.jpgIMG_20191227_205220.jpg.32fbb6c401d961e31fad38c1abfff8f0.jpg

The black n white dog looks nice sort ?

9 hours ago, ratcher said:

What a load of shite ?

Why? I just see people getting out and enjoying their dogs. 

Plus look a little deeper, that rough galgo can catch a hare and doesn't need the others in spite of it mainly being a pet. 

The Tarzi travel miles across country with the horses then run a fast, clever and hard biting quarry. Most these days are carried in motors then slipped when close. 

Lastly the bobbery pack, see 1st sentence. 

Edited by sandymere

lnterestlng as lt ls to see others ldeas of sport from around the world, can you lmaglne lf we carrled on llke that lot ln the last vld lol, nolsey twats, lt ls no use comparelng thalr dogs to ours as there seems to be no general lnterest ln runnlng slngle dogs, and that ls what ours were bred for, l dont meen on the teeth slde of thlngs obviously.

• Like 2

Got to run what and where you are, someone elsewhere laughed because the Tazis run hare's in the snow but if u live where there's snow for the whole winter then u run in the snow. Plus the hares have evolved to run across the surface unlike the brown hare. 

If you run jackles, coyotes or boar you run packs etc or your dogs soon get smashed. 

The preoccupation with ours is better than theirs is pointless especially as many have no idea what's out there ?

I think you’d being a bit misguided there sandymere . 

Personally I wouldn’t Shan myself by putting two dogs into a hare in any circumstances,  but I’ve seen lads doing that out lamping. 

I also wouldn’t say that any of the jukels you’ve posted up are in any way shape or form bred for the improvement of the line or for competitive reasons . 

I think we have the worlds best coursing dogs here in this island. The husbandry and the genetics placed into in the pasta 50 years then cannot be compared to the average owner worldwide. Actually quite insulting to the lads who walk the stubbles . 

I’m not one for all that Middle East psycho babble either about animals . Remember the serious hawking sheiks all get their birds from northern England and Scotland .?

• Like 7