It's a big world out there.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I watch Vids like those posted it really hammers home to me the unspoken tragedy of the ban on hare coursing in the uk .  That the dogs purposefully bred on this little island for the runnin

I think you’d being a bit misguided there sandymere .  Personally I wouldn’t Shan myself by putting two dogs into a hare in any circumstances,  but I’ve seen lads doing that out lamping.  I

And it's not all organised coursing but also some out for a bit of fun and sport.    From Russia to Chile.     

Posted Images

sexy blue jump suits and drones?their not as isolated as youd think ,them horses looked thick set animals ,wonder if they eat the jackals afterwards,the fur is in shit id say from the dogs

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

3 dogs on a hare doesnt come across as fun or sport to me but each to their own

I've seen worse over here, I reckon each to their own. I like to see a single dog being tested but also like a bobbery pack when there's often more than 3?

some amount of screeching in chile lol...exciting hunting ,but id take that great big bloody stick off that nutter trying to flatten the game as they pass ,its a recipe for disaster

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to say sandy, that last vid with them 'working' the rough ground was effing brilliant! ?. Made my day so far. And that guy always laughing, what a character lol. I'd love a couple of days hunting with that lot. A bit of everything involved, had to look twice at the guy with the long handled brush cutter, thought it was socks clambering over a fence to deliver the last rites on a rabbit! Lol ?

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Got to say sandy, that last vid with them 'working' the rough ground was effing brilliant! ?. Made my day so far. And that guy always laughing, what a character lol. I'd love a couple of days hunting with that lot. A bit of everything involved, had to look twice at the guy with the long handled brush cutter, thought it was socks clambering over a fence to deliver the last rites on a rabbit! Lol ?

It's based on a Beagle pack with added extras??. They seem to enjoy their sport, reckon we could learn a lesson. 

The Spanish for rabbit is Conejo, our rabbit were likely brought from Spain and perhaps the name coney came with them. 

• Like 1

We used to go out with an old chap with a little pack of all sorts. Beagles , griffons , Russell’s , odd fox hound and he loved lurchers. We cut the numbers down to him and 4 of us because of all the back biting and bitching and it was some great sport. Start off in the local cafe with a breakfast then do small planting’s , roots , small woods moving from farm to farm. The lurchers had loads of work and we killed a lot of foxes. If someone had a new dog and it pulled up or jacked you had to take the stick but it was all in jest. Brilliant times that stick in your memory . I miss it 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, jake824 said:

We used to go out with an old chap with a little pack of all sorts. Beagles , griffons , Russell’s , odd fox hound and he loved lurchers. We cut the numbers down to him and 4 of us because of all the back biting and bitching and it was some great sport. Start off in the local cafe with a breakfast then do small planting’s , roots , small woods moving from farm to farm. The lurchers had loads of work and we killed a lot of foxes. If someone had a new dog and it pulled up or jacked you had to take the stick but it was all in jest. Brilliant times that stick in your memory . I miss it 

Lol yeah, those vids and what you just said, reminded me of when I was a nipper. Sometimes, just for the hell of it, there'd be between 5 and 10 of us, me my brother and our mates, and we'd just round up what dogs we could, all mongrels of varying sizes, and just head on across a few of the local farms, with the dogs working away like trojans putting up all sorts lol. Great days lol

• Like 1

The numbers were about then. We regularly had 5s on an average day our best was 11.Farmers son s started to get rifles and hammered it. I ran a 5/8 gh 3/8 Bull at the time and he loved the graft. My mate ran a little beddy whip grey bitch. She was as game as they come for her size. Wish I d have took pics of some of the scenery and dogs.