New years resolutions ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mines to talk to some homeless people. I'm guilty of labeling the them all druggies and scroungers. I'm going to buy a bunch of vouchers for Greg's each month, they do them for £5, enough for a brew a

Having my mum out here is a horrible reminder of how shit & pointless smoking is. Everything revolves around having a fag! We have to go & buy loads of tobacco because it’s much cheaper out he

Since we stopped going out , me and the wife get dressed into summat smart a piece then sit up and watch the bells together in the house. Just the pair of us .  A wee tradition we have and one I

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, king said:

Yes mate.

Me and the wife packing in the fags.

Happy New year to you and the family..

Just buried a good mate who died basically from smoking. He was about 7 stone and was kept alive on fluids and pain killers. Just do it mate.Throw the f***ing things away.

My New Year resolution is to be more positive and stop coming on here so much.lol.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 6
5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Just buried a good mate who died basically from smoking. He was about 7 stone and was kept alive on fluids and pain killers. Just do it mate.Throw the f***ing things away.

My New Year resolution is to be more positive and stop coming on here so much.lol.

Having my mum out here is a horrible reminder of how shit & pointless smoking is. Everything revolves around having a fag! We have to go & buy loads of tobacco because it’s much cheaper out here, at leat twice! Then constantly telling me when she’s going out of the house for a fag, all fcuking day! Stinking the place out. Then as soon we go into a restaurant she has excuse herself for a fag........it’s a fcuking endless round of pure shite!

Anyway my new years resolution is not to moan about my mum so much.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I quit with the help of Alan Carr's  "How To Stop Smoking.". The sentence in his book which hit home for me was that people smoke because they think fags are  a stress reliever but in fact they do the opposite... they cause stress because your whole life revolves around placating the nicotine god and finding time and opportunities to get a fix. Tell your ma to read it. It's never too late. They say there is nothing worse than a reformed smoker for pontificating. I am that man!

Edited by jukel123
Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

Not smoking weed anymore after my illness past few days 

I’ve only used edibles for a long time mate. Gave up tobacco completely nearly 15 years ago, but any smoke ain’t no good & I’ve got no faith in vaping. Keep your lungs clear ?

• Like 5
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

I quit with the help of Alan Carr's  "How To Stop Smoking.". The sentence in his book which hit home for me was that people smoke because they think fags are  a stress reliever but in fact they do the opposite... they cause stress because your whole life revolves around placating the nicotine god and finding time and opportunities to get a fix. Tell your ma to read it. It's never too late. They say there is nothing worse than a reformed smoker for pontificating. I am that man!

I’ve tried mate, but you know what smokers are like, they just think your a sanctimonious prick because you’ve cracked it. There’s just no talking to her, but it’s ok for her to talk to me about fags endlessly, it drives me nuts!

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

It's my only pleasure they say. Stinking like shit and slowly killing themselves. f***ing nuts. Smoking ban in pubs etc was a massive public health step forward.

Oh you know that line mate, that’s exactly what she says..... my only pleasure. She actually gave up for a very long time, nearly 20 years I think, but the stress of a family situation got her started again. I came home from school one day when I was 12 & she was sat there with a pack of cigarettes. It was so fcuking weird, because up to then I’d never seen anyone in my family smoke & she’s never tried to quit since.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

Mine is to cook more , eat more veg and eat as much game as i can get my hands on 

That's my just now sack o tatties £7  big bag o carrots £4 all the game I shoot haven't bought much else for my dinner for months

15 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

If you were serious about a resolution then you’d already be doing it??

atb to the folk I like an up yours to the folk I don’t ?

It gives people a time line and helps to focus the mind....