Apply for SGC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iv spoke to my local firearms officer this morning and told him what I think I have on my criminal record including arrests.   he said he can’t offer advice on my chances as they will look i

If our fellow has not been convicted of an offense then no judgement can be made. Getting into a predicament and being arrested does not mean one is a phsyco on the loose. Go for it Mr.

So got my criminal record back from ACRO.   no cautions no convictions at all. Just arrests with NFA as the outcome of each one. The last one being 11th of March 2015.   applicatio

Posted Images

I’d just apply for it an list everything you’ve done but at the end put there may be others but can’t remember the details an they don’t always no everything as during my interview I mentioned a past conviction that was not on my records because it was in a different county, the look on her face when I told her I had an old poaching conviction, (or two) ?

Iv applied for my criminal record from ACRO this can take up too 4 weeks. I’m guna wait for that to come back before I fill in the application so I have all the information held about me.

i will post back with updates!

also if anyone else has anything to add please feel free!

ally

• Like 2

I just wrote down what I could remember and and rough dates/years..

there were a few things missing that I’d forgotten about!

they know everything so just be straight with them?
like I said above, they know about arrests without charge but still want to know...

people change?

Just go for it and good luck

• Like 3

Like I said before I have never been convicted of any crime at all. I may have received one or 2 cautions but I’m not sure. I know these are essentially convictions but I’m not sure if I have accepted a caution before.

I just don’t see how they can use past arrests against you when you don’t even have to list them in the application. When I get this check back from ACRO it will list all my arrests. My question is should I put them in the application even tho it doesn’t ask for them? Because when they do the background checks their going to see them anyway 

2 hours ago, Ally m said:

Like I said before I have never been convicted of any crime at all. I may have received one or 2 cautions but I’m not sure. I know these are essentially convictions but I’m not sure if I have accepted a caution before.

I just don’t see how they can use past arrests against you when you don’t even have to list them in the application. When I get this check back from ACRO it will list all my arrests. My question is should I put them in the application even tho it doesn’t ask for them? Because when they do the background checks their going to see them anyway 

They will find out themselves but if you lie on your application, it will be regarded as trying to deceive the police which may or may not go against you. Tell them warts and all because they will get to know anyway but as I said before, if I were you, I would ask to have a chat with the firearms officer and show him what you have found out and of course showing him / her that you now have a job and will be getting married having a home...........in other words show that is your past not your current situation and hope for the best. Firearms officers can be very helpful when you approach them in the right way,  being honest and open about everything.

Phil

• Like 2

Theres a man local who  got caught with a motor that was made up out of about six motors he got 14 months 12 months after he got out he got a certificate with two strikes on it five years later he still has it 

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Ally m said:

I just don’t see how th.ey can use past arrests against you when you don’t even have to list them in the application. When I get this check back from ACRO it will list all my arrests. My question is should I put them in the application even tho it doesn’t ask for them? Because when they do the background checks their going to see them anyway 

How can you not know if you have had a caution or not?

They are very formal and part of the process is making sure you understand what it means.

If i where you i would wait for all the information from ACRO, then attach a copy of it to the application form. That way you cannot be accused of not declaring anything that they may think is relevant. There is no point rushing in "half cocked" and getting a knock back. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, ianm said:
59 minutes ago, ianm said:

How can you not know if you have had a caution or not?

They are very formal and part of the process is making sure you understand what it means.

If i where you i would wait for all the information from ACRO, then attach a copy of it to the application form. That way you cannot be accused of not declaring anything that they may think is relevant. There is no point rushing in "half cocked" and getting a knock back. 

The assault I have was NFA and the section 18 went to court but the judge decided on the first day that there wasn’t sufficient evidence so he dismissed it all.

in all honesty I’m a bit unsure what a caution actually is. If the charge went to court and the judge dismissed it could I of got a caution for that?

i was under the impression that when you get arrested you receive a caution? Sorry if I’m being stupid ?‍♂️

On 31/12/2019 at 17:22, Ally m said:

They can use them as indicators as to your character and suitability eg whether you're prone to violent outbursts etc. Also some convictions can bar you for a set period or even life. As others have said, even speeding convictions can count against you if you have multiple as they are an indicator of no respect for the law. You need to declare everything. It's good you don't have any convictions but don't hide anything. As others have said, they can recall everything off the PNC and if you don't declare something it can lead to a refusal and even a prosecution. Be honest, talk to your local FAO and if in doubt join a body offering Firearms Licensing Insurance BEFORE you apply. That way you'll be able to get help and assistance in the process if necessary. Firearms Appeals can cost thousands if it goes as far as a Crown Court Appeal.

• Like 2