Ferreting vid

Trev70

50 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Well done Trev, wondered where you had been hadn’t posted anything for a while. Been catching plenty?

Cheers mate yes we've been doing ok mate another month and we'll be on the best land ATB ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Trev70 said:

Cheers mate yes we've been doing ok mate another month and we'll be on the best land ATB ?

Fair play. I have a few places I can’t do much on till after the pheasant season is over, just a shame they have often started breeding etc by then. Can’t be helped though! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, socks said:

Nice little video that. I’ve always found on a bank that the ferrets work much better when entered at the bottom of the bank and work up hill. 

Cheers, I'll give that a go next time I've all ways put them in at the top I don't know why.

Hi Foxdropper,..that was a mornings ferreting, amidst the Vale of the White Horse.

I was working alongside a pal employed, by the Rabbit Clearance Society (there were loads of these groups throughout the UK) and his job was to look after several farms, in his area.

All the farmers grouped together, to provide a wage and supply a vehicle, to enable him to get onto the massive chalk warrens.

I remember the Fox bolting into the net...?

I don't think it was the ferrets that moved him, but more so the frenetic bumping and rumbling, around the deep bury, by the rabbits.

Whatever,...he was on the list, so had to go...?

All the best, Phil.:good:

img Scans358.jpg

img Scans359.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Known a few lads that were in the Marlborough Downs rabbit clearance society in Wiltshire .You may of heard of  a few of the older lads .

Gussy ,Danker ,Millsey to name a few .Gassing was the thing but the lads preferred ferreting to sell them .I did a year before it folded about 1990 .Gussy was well known for selling ferrets ,any amount ,any size ,any colour .

Bolted a fox myself years ago when I was a young un ,that took the net with it into a badger sett .Right pissed off I was lol.

• Haha 1

Long time ago fellah,....I've met so many folk over the years in the hunting field, that its difficult to remember?

But, I do seem to recall that the guy's name was John...:good:

He was a nice fellah with good , honest rabbiting dogs.

I had journeyed to Devises to mate my ACD/Greyhound bitch Speckle to an exceptionally useful  Red Merle Collie x Greyhound , name of Sam.

His owner was Kevin Davies of Calne and the John guy, was his ferreting/lamping partner...

Both genuine, capable hunting men,...I liked them...?

img Scans362.jpg