Geth and the pup...

1 hour ago, troyboy17 said:

How is it bred

Shes a mixture of grey/bull/collie/saluki... I believe 

No idea of percentages but shes shaping up nicely and I'm sure will be more than capable.. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, sid g said:

kev what cross is the busher and whats it like ? 

It's a spaniel/terrier cross Dave, again not sure of percentages but works from the minute it's out of the van until you put it away again!

It's a cracking little thing, we discussed it today, I'd like one back to a terrier, I think that would make a better ferreting dog...not knocking him at all, its just that terrier sharpness around the top of the hedge.. but for pushing gear and working through the hedges, he kept rabbits moving today which was great to get the big dogs a few runs ..

I'd say a terrier on a big hedge would catch a few more as they are more intent on getting their teeth on something...just what I've seen from the couple of these I've watched and the amount of ratch about terriers we've had knocking about us over the years...

• Like 2
Just now, sid g said:

treat him mate 

Well its Christmas mate...didn't even set a net!! Lol...

Mind you I still stuck my face in nettles sticking my arm down a hole....face is still tingling now!! Lol

10 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I'd have a bitch off of that cross, just don't tell the missus as she's getting over vomit diarrhea housegate. Just need a handy rabbiting terrier as dam ....

Mickys bitch?? ??

• Sad 1
13 minutes ago, sid g said:

back to whippet or beddy ? couple of the shooting lads i know often talk about putting a russell over spanials ..

Personally I'd go to a terrier mate, Russel or Lakeland type...

I think for our type of hunting it would be perfect, ratchimg about, fretting and a bit of ratting...

For working cover this dog doesn't stop... he will keep a couple of lurches busy enough on the right land...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

The busher FFS ?

That's what I.meant.. his little terrier is a brilliant rabbit dog mate...I've waited for 2 years for him to breed her and hes bred the monster dog instead and is bringing his pup !! Lol

• Like 1

Brilliant morning out Kev. Great to get the pup started and it makes a nice change to ferret some ‘open ish’ warrens! I was happy with the pup and she was plenty steady enough. she is collie saluki grey with a splash of bull. 9 months now and about 23-24tts. The busher did well too. Like Kev says, he’s handy to have about. He bushes well and he will work non stop. Only thing I can fault him on when ferreting is he seems to be too soft mouthed. He will catch in cover or to ferrets but some get away as he’s retrieving. If I decide to stud him out then I have always said it will be to a bushing terrier. He’s about 3/8 5/8 terrier spaniel. 

• Like 2