Barking at nothing?

Think your brushing the wound up bit mate but JMO .Never seen another dog at a dig that wasn’t wound up a little bit tbh but we may be talking different animals .Shame your out the game mate ,you seem one of the lads that talks sense .

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I’ve seen in the past, a dog that bays at nothing, either has been over encouraged into empty holes or is shit scared of it’s own shadow.

Said pup at 8 months and I always take a pup they learn f**k all in a kennel

Took the bitch out this morning just for a walk on some permission, no spades or nothing and let her go over some earths by herself, didn't say anything or walk over to her just stood still up against

Posted Images

I also believe no harm is done having a pup chained up around a dig, in the box, around the other dogs and gear,  not come to any harm for me personally, and like said before beats being behind bars all day. Horses for courses and different things work for different people, wouldn’t leave an Earth a pup walked out without trying an older dog, too curious but that’s just me?

• Like 5

Horses for courses and all that as far as I'm concerned it never did my now digging dogs any harm. Has anyone done such a thing and it was a disadvantage to the pup. We could go around in circles that's for sure my opinion is right and your wrong bla bla bla but maybe some have had good reason to not let a pup tag along ? 

Being blunt mate and blowing smoke up my arse in huge clouds ,the dogs  I’m used to are rather full on and best kept calm by any means possible .Taking more than one to a dig would be unthinkable and would ruin the ambience .

10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Being blunt mate and blowing smoke up my arse in huge clouds ,the dogs  I’m used to are rather full on and best kept calm by any means possible .Taking more than one to a dig would be unthinkable and would ruin the ambience .

Fair pint mine bark and squeal while tied up sometimes and can be a little bit of a pain but where I dig noise don't matter with the permission I'm on and I don't need to listen to anything below as they don't often tend to make noise below. I have had the odd argument with the friend on this matter. The noiser pups can be disadvantage to our relationship at times but no disadvantage to him or herself if ya get me anyway F.D each to their own on this matter I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, fat man said:

If they all had the same work style it would get boring, each to their own, people like different types same as the motor they drive and then people need a certain type for the work they do, same as the motor. 

You mean to say not all terriermen drive a range rover .

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

You mean to say not all terriermen drive a range rover .

If you do fd fair fucks to you, but I can say hand on heart I don't know any terrier man that drives a range rover, I've an old vitara but it gets me where I want. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, fat man said:

If you do fd fair fucks to you, but I can say hand on heart I don't know any terrier man that drives a range rover, I've an old vitara but it gets me where I want. 

I know 2 TBH

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Runningdogs1998 said:

I have seen this before when terrier was too big for tubes... bayed out of frustration 

Totally different mate, most will give a noise through frustration, running about in and out barking on scent is what he is saying the issue is 

• Like 2

A lad I know calls them ‘peepers’, run around an empty earth baying at nothing and coming to a hole, peeping out and going back in. What a f*ck on, I had a dog that used to do it when I was a young lad, used to drive me mad, I simply couldn’t put up with it nowadays.

• Like 4