Barking at nothing?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I’ve seen in the past, a dog that bays at nothing, either has been over encouraged into empty holes or is shit scared of it’s own shadow.

Said pup at 8 months and I always take a pup they learn f**k all in a kennel

Took the bitch out this morning just for a walk on some permission, no spades or nothing and let her go over some earths by herself, didn't say anything or walk over to her just stood still up against

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

Why would anyone be bringing a young pup to a dig in the first place

What harm can it do bringing a pup and tying him up letting him see what's going on each to there own but it's better than them looking at 4 walls at home imo they will learn nothing there

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 6
7 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

What harm can it do bringing a pup and tying him up letting him see what's going on each to there own but it's better than them looking at 4 walls at home imo they will learn nothing there

My lads get plenty in the kennels I send them a snap of every dig we get and they keep themselves occupied on the treadmills swinging out of Fox's tails couple pipes they can run aswell couple stuffed animals they can fight with aswell kind of there own little gym they have here.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Got to agree, think we’ve all had this conversation on here before and had mixed opinions.
The way I see it, if you’re out for a day digging and there’s space, chaining a youngster up is better than it sat looking at 4 walls all day.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

20 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Got to agree, think we’ve all had this conversation on here before and had mixed opinions.
The way I see it, if you’re out for a day digging and there’s space, chaining a youngster up is better than it sat looking at 4 walls all day.

Whatever about a pup of 12 months or so, but bringing pups six or seven months old is silly imo.

• Thanks 1
On 31/12/2019 at 21:23, foxdropper said:

Never understood the need to double check a dog at a hole .That well bred pup knows more about the game than you or I ever will and just needs time to shine .

I’ve known men like yourself get very annoyed when someone has mentioned running another terrier over an Earth when their terrier has said nothing at home, I’ve also seen said men through a proper hissy fit when the second terrier proved the first one wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Plenty for a pup to do without it meeting anything below ground ,on the right ground that is I guess .
Like  it’s been said ,it’s hard to gauge what people do without being there .

Personally I want my youngster calm and relaxed on its first time to ground not wound up watching ,hearing another work .

I want to be concentrating on the youngster and enjoying the moment as much as the youngster is ,firsts are just that and can’t be repeated .

Every single  decent line I know of will self enter ,no encouragement needed but still I see the hole enders  and doublers doing their best to f**k up years of breeding .

If you are a fan of taking a youngster to a dig with others then why not try a change and get out with pup only ,much more rewarding and IMO makes for a better dog but only my opinion before anyway gets all pre menstral .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

I’ve known men like yourself get very annoyed when someone has mentioned running another terrier over an Earth when their terrier has said nothing at home, I’ve also seen said men through a proper hissy fit when the second terrier proved the first one wrong. 

Lol your getting me wrong mate .Ive no problem with anyone trying another terrier if mine said no ,crack on and I’ll help to dig your dog out lol.What I’m saying is why take an adult dog with a pup to a dig  at all when starting the pup .Id rather come home without a dig or use another elsewhere than judge a pup on its first few outings .

Im very quiet on a dig mate ,preferring to listen rather than talk ,get on rather than talk shite but you don’t know me so wouldn’t know that .More learned from staying quiet from both man and dog .

One thing I’m not going to do 2020 is judge anyone on here by what they write (within reason)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Lol your getting me wrong mate .Ive no problem with anyone trying another terrier if mine said no ,crack on and I’ll help to dig your dog out lol.What I’m saying is why take an adult dog with a pup to a dig  at all when starting the pup .Id rather come home without a dig or use another elsewhere than judge a pup on its first few outings .

Im very quiet on a dig mate ,preferring to listen rather than talk ,get on rather than talk shite but you don’t know me so wouldn’t know that .More learned from staying quiet from both man and dog .

One thing I’m not going to do 2020 is judge anyone on here by what they write (within reason)

I was getting you wrong and totally agree with your first paragraph. ?

• Thanks 1