Dr report for certificate

If paying a couple hundred quid for a shot gun AND firearms is likely to stop you having one then it probably better you find a hobby you enjoy more rather than hoarding guns for the sake of it. 

I wish it was still a matter of paying 50p in the post office, I also wish half the countryside wasn't covered in roads and houses, but times change. Its not about making money when police and GPS are short staffed and underfunded. It's about sharing liability given that you probably don't have a local beat copper who knows you personally anymore. Lots of people also had licences and guns they don't use anymore, they just keep em for the sake of it. If paying what is in effect only a small amount puts em off gun hoarding so be it. My Mrs spends £80 a month in the hair dressers 

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hang on there  chaps. This was started to ask if anyone knew the latest news regarding this.  Where has this figure of eighty pounds come from ?  There is no set figure.  Some are charging nothing oth

Dependent on licensing authority. A growing number of forces will absolutely flat out refuse to issue or renew without an explicit doctors report.

I must have missed the post where greyman said it was funny you lost family members . Can someone quote it for me so i can see 

3 hours ago, martyn2233 said:

So pay £80 all ok pay £80 and still go nuts come out get real it’s f**k all to do with your health it’s away to remove tickets Easier and pass the Blame on to someone else after the f**k up last time 

max come on tell us what you know as you know a bit more then the rest of us as per your comment 

He was turned down for his ticket because the huge shlong on his forehead was interfering with his aiming eye, cost him a lot more than £80 to get it sorted so he,s a bit bitter and wants to make everyone else pay so he don’t feel singled out and picked on  ✌️✌️

3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I dont begrudge the paiyng for it . Id like to know how they decided on 8 .0 quid as a amount tho considering how much work was involved 

Problem is that’s not the price all over some more or less depending on where you live

4 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Anyone with a history of violence / domestic abuse ect should not be getting a FAC or SG licence .

Anyone with a History of Drug or Alcohol abuse applying I'd be dubious and this is where Doctors come into play the same as if a applicant  has a history of Anxiety or Depression.

Police and Doctors need to work together when assessing Every applicant wether a new applicant or a renewal.

Its the least that should be done and anyone in possession of a FAC or SG licence should have it instantaneously removed for any violent mis demenor or even threats of Violence.

It ain't Rocket science.

History of violence should be banned from owning a gun ??

I've been in trouble for assault does that mean I shouldn't have a gun ..

7 minutes ago, Chid said:

History of violence should be banned from owning a gun ??

I've been in trouble for assault does that mean I shouldn't have a gun ..

No it shouldn't stop you having a gun. 

It should though be taken into account by police and doctors perhaps? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Depending on the nature of the assault and how long Youv kept your nose clean since .

Was it a one off or are they other instances ect 

But that's just my opinion and it's down to the police and Docs between them to decide who they deem too much of a risk.

I can give my opinion but it will cost £75 

?

45 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

No it shouldn't stop you having a gun. 

It should though be taken into account by police and doctors perhaps? 

Well it doesn't stop me and it was taken into account ?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Depending on the nature of the assault and how long Youv kept your nose clean since .

Was it a one off or are they other instances ect 

But that's just my opinion and it's down to the police and Docs between them to decide who they deem too much of a risk.

But you've just said anyone with a history .. you can't change your mind depending how long it happened ago 

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Hopefully it's one of your lot that get it next thru poor checking and vetting then see if you think it's a laugh .

I take responsibility for everything in my life including defending myself and if I was to get shot by some prick who is angry with the world that would be my own problem as I would rather die having a go than hiding under a table shitting and pissing myself like your good yellow self, I don’t no what it’s like we’re you live but round me I can buy an illegal firearm as easy and cheaper than a decent air rifle without paying £80 and taking a medical  ✌️✌️

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Hopefully it's one of your lot that get it next thru poor checking and vetting then see if you think it's a laugh .

I take responsibility for everything in my life including defending myself and if I was to get shot by some prick who is angry with the world that would be my own problem as I would rather die having a go than hiding under a table shitting and pissing myself like your good yellow self, I don’t no what it’s like we’re you live but round me I can buy an illegal firearm as easy and cheaper than a decent air rifle without paying £80 and taking a medical  ✌️✌️

21 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

How many criminal convictions you got Chid?

it ain't my call but nowdays if police get it wrong they Gona be dragged across the coals ?

If a driving instructor passes a 17yr old lad this morning and he crashed tonight killing himself and 4 others is that a fault of the instructor..

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

How many criminal convictions you got Chid?

it ain't my call but nowdays if police get it wrong they Gona be dragged across the coals ?

That's not the point you said any one with a history of violence shouldn't get a licence.

I have a history .. 

But I'm lucky that the police looked at my history and deemed me safe for a FAC 

• Like 1