I’m done with all the festivities ?

Well I’ve had enough of all this Christmas, family and people in general and as I’ve gone above and beyond with the niceties I was in need of a little stav time and when you can’t remember the last time you were at the foxes it’s time to get out, so doing something I don’t do very often, I mounted the lamp to the .243 grabbed the NV spotter and headed to the sheep farm as lambing gets underway in a couple of weeks, on arrival I bumped into the farmer and he proceeded to go into great detail of his days shooting with my mate who runs our little shoot, judging by the way he was propped up against the door the hospitality must of been better than the shooting, heading down towards the bottom of the farm I couldn’t work out where I wanted to be due to the wind blowing in every direction, I eventually decided to stand behind a hedge back with the caller 40 yards away, setting it away with the vixen mating call it was approximately 10 minutes before the eyes appeared, completely in the wrong direction to where I was expecting them to be, with the wind blowing my old spice in its direction it turned tail and ran, I thought that was it but it decided to move 40 yards down the field and couldn’t take its eyes off the caller, it was a few minutes later before it presented a shot and I took it, the tell tale thud was all I needed to here, I was convinced by the way it ran in to the vixen mating call that it would be a dog but as I went to retrieve it it turned out to be one fat bitch, all I can think is she’s a proper northern fox, hears what she thinks is a vixen in the middle of some loving and thinks I’ll have some of that, I headed back to the back of the farm and gave it another half hour to no avail so decided that one will do and headed home ?

58B4FB91-321A-4055-B6BB-9191B7FC08A2.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just now, BenBhoy said:

You're not the first bloke to have some "me" time with a fat northern bitch!

But I'm married now!!

Hahaha, they build them sturdy up here mate, everyone likes something to get hold of, even mr dog fox ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a territorial thing , I've had loads of dog foxes come to dog fox mating call and vice versa vixens coming  to vixen on heat call. Had a vixen other night come to vixen on heat call. No rule book I always say , just keep calling and change them about.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It's a territorial thing , I've had loads of dog foxes come to dog fox mating call and vice versa vixens coming  to vixen on heat call. Had a vixen other night come to vixen on heat call. No rule book I always say , just keep calling and change them about.

It’s definitely a territorial thing with them, the thing that made me think it was a dog was the speed it came in, in the past I’ve noticed that the vixen seems to be a bit more cautious  when approaching a vixen in heat call

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
On 27/12/2019 at 23:53, Stavross said:

Well I’ve had enough of all this Christmas, family and people in general and as I’ve gone above and beyond with the niceties I was in need of a little stav time and when you can’t remember the last time you were at the foxes it’s time to get out, so doing something I don’t do very often, I mounted the lamp to the .243 grabbed the NV spotter and headed to the sheep farm as lambing gets underway in a couple of weeks, on arrival I bumped into the farmer and he proceeded to go into great detail of his days shooting with my mate who runs our little shoot, judging by the way he was propped up against the door the hospitality must of been better than the shooting, heading down towards the bottom of the farm I couldn’t work out where I wanted to be due to the wind blowing in every direction, I eventually decided to stand behind a hedge back with the caller 40 yards away, setting it away with the vixen mating call it was approximately 10 minutes before the eyes appeared, completely in the wrong direction to where I was expecting them to be, with the wind blowing my old spice in its direction it turned tail and ran, I thought that was it but it decided to move 40 yards down the field and couldn’t take its eyes off the caller, it was a few minutes later before it presented a shot and I took it, the tell tale thud was all I needed to here, I was convinced by the way it ran in to the vixen mating call that it would be a dog but as I went to retrieve it it turned out to be one fat bitch, all I can think is she’s a proper northern fox, hears what she thinks is a vixen in the middle of some loving and thinks I’ll have some of that, I headed back to the back of the farm and gave it another half hour to no avail so decided that one will do and headed home ?

58B4FB91-321A-4055-B6BB-9191B7FC08A2.jpeg

I've finally got my 4 days off for Christmas, starting tonorrow!!! Back to work on the 6th, no 5am alarm tomorrow, had a few ciders & even a port or two to celebrate! Cheers 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I've finally got my 4 days off for Christmas, starting tonorrow!!! Back to work on the 6th, no 5am alarm tomorrow, had a few ciders & even a port or two to celebrate! Cheers 

???? you will definitely deserve this little break with what’s coming your way in the next few weeks, make the most of it, before the madness of lambing starts ????

• Like 1