Mornings ferreting

3 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

I have just brought my first long net but not used it yet I would of set the long nets further out in to the field ? Are they supposed to go closer to burrows or doesn't it matter ? I was just thinkin of givin dogs a chance to catch before they hit the net ? 

I set them pretty close, so as soon as they bolt there hitting the nets. I find they work better with dogs as the rabbits are moving a lot quicker. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

I have just brought my first long net but not used it yet I would of set the long nets further out in to the field ? Are they supposed to go closer to burrows or doesn't it matter ? I was just thinkin of givin dogs a chance to catch before they hit the net ? 

I don't do much now but used to set them in zig zag, it stops the rabbits turning off the net. I'd put them close to the bury too. The last thing you want is a dog a full speed after a rabbit hitting the net with it, that happens enough as it is lol

• Like 1
19 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Plenty of bag in the net you won’t go wrong ?seal the area off and bobs your uncle