10z purse nets

19 hours ago, fred90 said:

call me old fashioned but I am not struck of spun polly. prefer nylon and these are the dog's danglies. 

same here mate ...spun polly is like wool I always think.....I got some 10z of netrigger years ago....maybe 10....I liked them that much I bought 200 yard of 10z sheet netting and nock a few up when ever I can be arsed......

just to add I can knit a good net myself been making them over 30 years.....even came 3rd one year in the net making comp at the midland....but that 10z sheet netting takes some beating ...its just to easy to braid a ring on each end and draw cord and peg it....

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/12/2019 at 14:32, TOMO said:

same here mate ...spun polly is like wool I always think.....I got some 10z of netrigger years ago....maybe 10....I liked them that much I bought 200 yard of 10z sheet netting and nock a few up when ever I can be arsed......

just to add I can knit a good net myself been making them over 30 years.....even came 3rd one year in the net making comp at the midland....but that 10z sheet netting takes some beating ...its just to easy to braid a ring on each end and draw cord and peg it....

I'd be interested in an 'idiots guide' thread on that fella? Never knitted a net, with a young family I don't think I would have time at the min so if this is a quicker way I'd appreciate the advice.

First buy some sheet netting......it's basically a long net without the running lines...

I do it outside ..got a nail on my outhouse...about 6 foot off the ground....then get your sheet netting out it's bag and hook  each end mesh one after the other on to the nail.....the end meshes are the ones that are freyed where they have been cut...there will be 15 or them.....I have 2 marks on the wall...4 foot and 4 foot 6....cut the netting at the desired length ....making sure to leave plenty of length on the cut mesh.....this is so it's easy to tie  the length of nylon your going to briad the ring on .....

I realise this sounds complex.....my best advise is to watch YouTube for tying a ring on

I had some old 10z nets I'd bought and the braiding to the rings was awful and the rings were rusted like mad so I re tied them onto rings, I found that one of the meshes was shorter than the others making it tricky to braid them on. Is this a thing with all sheet netting? 

• 4 weeks later...