Is It Worth £600 Extra

Only got one sub 12 ,  my HW110k but I am toying with selling it because it was bought for a particular council perm that didn't come off so it never gets used and Si has me interested in a centre fire, Hornet / ,223 / .224.......................................hmmm or just go full thrust with a 6.5x55 ?

I totally agree with Si, the Impact just keeps on doing the job faultlessly.

Phil

• Haha 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly, I don’t smoke anymore , haven’t done for the past 30 years , don’t drink every weekend now , don’t spend thousands going to watch England home and away  any more , but do enjoy shooting again

I'd rather buy another HW100 and put the spare Wonga towards some good night vision.

I’m with you on that rfb.. I think the synthetic looks miles better and is far more user friendly for field bashing! the black and yellow one looks shite?

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, philpot said:

Only got one sub 12 ,  my HW110k but I am toying with selling it because it was bought for a particular council perm that didn't come off so it never gets used and Si has me interested in a centre fire, Hornet / ,223 / .224.......................................hmmm or just go full thrust with a 6.5x55 ?

I totally agree with Si, the Impact just keeps on doing the job faultlessly.

Phil

You can’t pin your next spending spree on me Phil?

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

You can’t pin your next spending spree on me Phil?

Tooooo late Si, I have already told Trish this is your idea ?

You watch, she will have a go as and when I get one.........................................and she will shoot well, then want one for herself, hmmm better get one put on her ticket as well...?

Phil

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, si brown said:

the only sub 12 pcp I own is the cheapest one ive ever bought and its as accurate as the most expensive sub12 ive owned!

and the only fac air riffle I own is one of the most expensive out there.. is it worth the money??

im not sure but its been the most dependable and hits the mark consistently and spends most of its life getting bounced round the car boot getting bashed against gates and it 

holds zero all the time.. still think it looks like crap but ill be keeping the impact:good:

What is the cheapest one Si?

Thinking about selling my last two Sub 12  pcp and buying HW BP .177 , trouble is the last time I sold my BSA ultra I missed it and got another , HW 100k I said I would never sell it and can’t see me selling it now ,but i do want the BP 

I might have to do 5 day of work next week , instead of 4 days :laugh:

• Haha 1

Well, I have two shot guns, both 12 bore and they are virtually redundant and as for F.A.C. I have never really felt the need to use one, air or powder, just not my scene.

Sub 12 air rifles have long been my preferred style of hunting.

I just adore the challenge of getting close, real close, bringing the rifle up when the quarry looks in a different direction, stopping the rifle mount should the quarry look at your position, silent, still and deadly patient waiting for the shot to present itself, all the years of practice/ training kicks in big style, the building of the shot, hide building, gillie suit, leaf suits, all such a wonderful challenge of your awareness, fieldcraft and shooting skills.

As for spring and pcp, each have there place for sure. :yes:

I must admit though, the sub 12 ft/lb spring rifle brings such a wonderful sense of achievement when successful.( for me).

Would I pay for a brand new, walnut stocked, .177 Pro Sport again ?  Hell yes, what a springer they are.

When you think about it, any rifle of any stamp, that gets you out there , as one with nature is worth a million pounds of anyones money. 

atb all,

Mark.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, villaman said:

Thinking about selling my last two Sub 12  pcp and buying HW BP .177 , trouble is the last time I sold my BSA ultra I missed it and got another , HW 100k I said I would never sell it and can’t see me selling it now ,but i do want the BP 

I might have to do 5 day of work next week , instead of 4 days :laugh:

Stuff that, I never work Fridays. 

just sell a Bentley ?

Edited by Rimfireboy!
  • Haha 3