Is It Worth £600 Extra

Im a big fan of the fx crown

Yes its an expensive rifle one most would like to own but with prices topping

£1900 for the black pepper laminate

and from £1600 + for the the other laminate stock ones

Now i went for the synthetic stock yes it dose not have the adjustable cheek piece

yes it dose have the new smooth twist x,barrel

yes it dose have the adjustable but pad

dose it look good hell yerr .

And if you have been out in the rain placed it down in mud and cows shit

give it a wipe over with a soapy cloth dry it off and put it away jobs a good un

plus its not much of a worry as it would be with a laminate stock one

incase of damage

Heres the thing

black pepper £1900

synthetic £1399

say both 22 or 177 take the action out of both stocks place them down

on a table the actions will be the same try and find a difference

you will not .

So is the black pepper stock worth an extra £600 ish

yes there nice but i dont think its £600 nice

My point is if your wanting a fx crown

but finding it hard to get that kind of money together( lets face it we are not all loaded like Mitch)

then go for the fx crown synthetic same action same out standing performance

less of a worry when out in the field

and £600 cheaper(could buy a nice scope for that and get change)

£1399

Yes if you look about at other rfd,s some do them a bit cheaper

and if you go second hand you may get a black pepper one for the same price as a new synthetic crown

but if your like me and like new remember £1900 buys you the rifle only ,fill adapter and one mag .

it will soon go over £2000 when you put scopes on ,,,pod,,,belt,,,mounts.

I was lucky i all ready had the scopes

So IS IT WORTH £600 EXTRA

JUST TO LOOK GOOD

what you think

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2f829cd02ed66036d2f1f08ae97ea79f.jpg

crown-blue-laminate.jpg

crown-green-laminate.jpg

fx-crown-walnut.jpg

pcp-air-rifle-fx-crown-yellow-laminate.jpg

IMG_20190906_201943.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly, I don’t smoke anymore , haven’t done for the past 30 years , don’t drink every weekend now , don’t spend thousands going to watch England home and away  any more , but do enjoy shooting again

I'd rather buy another HW100 and put the spare Wonga towards some good night vision.

I’m with you on that rfb.. I think the synthetic looks miles better and is far more user friendly for field bashing! the black and yellow one looks shite?

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, some bloke said:

Just like there's always someone who wants to show he can piss further with the brightest torch possible for lamping, there will be a few who are up for showing they can easily afford what most people won't buy.

Same as cars - does anyone actually need a Lambo? 

Id rather buy a nv with the £600 id saved

and done away with the lamps lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

With the utmost respect brother I will never ever understand how an air gun can cost so much.

It's a bottle, valve, trigger and barrel. Everything banged out by a four or five axis miller and a CNC lathe.

I mean don't get me wrong, I've spent tens of thousands over the years but this amount for an airgun.

Sorry bro, I'm out.

?

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 4
38 minutes ago, ftm said:

Its personal choice imho .its not my thing  by the way    but if someone (mitch? Lol) has that kind of money to use  on his past time   then go for it .you only live once .

Exactly, I don’t smoke anymore , haven’t done for the past 30 years , don’t drink every weekend now , don’t spend thousands going to watch England home and away  any more , but do enjoy shooting again and off road cycling so I will spend my HARD EARNED money on what I want and don’t give a fcuk what others think . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have seen Jimmy's Crown and it does look good and as an FX fan, if I had the wonga, it certainly would not be spent on another HW100, not knocking the gun at all but when you have owned and used FX guns, they just feel different and for me much better but that is me.

Back to the point of the thread, would I spend the extra on a laminate stock, well back to having the money and if I did have the money...........HELL YES.   I am so careful with my fishing and shooting gear to the point that it all looks like it has just come out of the shop.  I enjoy the ownership as well as the using so it is not as 'some bloke' says, to show off, just pride of ownership.

My rimmy is the Tikka T1x in plastic, do I like the look of it, no but I ordered one in .22lr and hmr before they were released along with my pal because the early reviews were solid but in the end we cancelled the orders due to the long delays. Now I have one and it shoots really well and it has been tweeked with a different grip / forend BUT I may well still buy a GRS stock because I prefer it both in looks and the fact that I can adjust the stock to fit me better and that is about £500 although they do come up on ebay for much less.

The Crown laminate is a thing of beauty in my eyes but there again I love laminate stocks, perhaps not the yellow / black though.

Phil

Apparently I have all the money in the world , but I still have the synthetic stock , personal I don’t like the crown in laminate stock , although I am ordering one for my Tikka 17 HMR 

If you look around and try and have a deal , you can buy the crown synthetic  for about £1250 

I might be having my 5 Bentleys and 7 Aston Martin dash boards converted to laminate ??

• Haha 2