Is it ever going to stop raining

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got soaked through to my new Xmas bundys earlier...... Had to get out..... The fever was setting in??  

It's swamped out here, still have to get the dog out

I can't remember a winter as wet as this one. Lots of crops knackered, some farmers still trying to keep stock out which is poaching the ground up. Most of the maze was f****d or harvested late and go

Posted Images

I feel very sad for those who have been flooded out and lost stuff that can't be replaced.  It has been very wet right back to bonfire  night which was a complete wash out but considering  how much rain we have had in this locality, the ground has dried out reasonably quickly.   Several times I have said to the Mrs that if it were to not rain for a  couple of days it would be reasonable underfoot.  Then it goes and rains again.   Last week we did consider pruning the roses but it tipped down again.   yesterday  did manage  to find an hour to get the strimmer out and top the grass which was getting quite long.   A mower wasn't an option because it would have sunk up to the axles. I did leave some footprints out there but the job needed to be done. No dobt we'll have a hose pipe ban later this year.

• Like 1

Today the sun is shining and there is a bit of warmth to it out of the wind. I suggested that as the next few days are forecast for  more rain that We work together in the garden and get the roses pruned and General clear up. I've heard several people mowing their laws ect so give it a wèk or two and it could be a different picture.  This time last year we were out with the boys clay shooting in T shirts it was so warm in the hot sunshine.

Edited by Meece

We mis out on all of this flooding and snow down here in Kent.   Mlst of it goes past us.  It's rained a bit but it's just a bit sticky in the gateways.  I can't remember how many years ago when we last had any snow. Roll on global warming

Edited by Meece

Well it’s stopped raining but there is nowhere for any of it to go, just been for a wander hoping that the sun would bring out a few squirrels, more likely to see sea lions I think, though a goshawk, skylark and lots of chaffinchs out and about made it an enjoyable walk with not a shot fired 

A0D78091-7CC2-4051-98A2-1556407C5F30.jpeg

9B73DD59-F61E-4DB4-8E52-6DD961457D06.jpeg

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Well it’s stopped raining but there is nowhere for any of it to go, just been for a wander hoping that the sun would bring out a few squirrels, more likely to see sea lions I think, though a goshawk, skylark and lots of chaffinchs out and about made it an enjoyable walk with not a shot fired 

I know what you mean mate. Went out last Wednesday ferreting by myself the fields are like paddy fields never seen so much water around.

Must be good for tracking though mate.

Cheers Arry

51 minutes ago, Arry said:

I know what you mean mate. Went out last Wednesday ferreting by myself the fields are like paddy fields never seen so much water around.

Must be good for tracking though mate.

Cheers Arry

Have found less this winter than any other year mate the wet seems to have had a bit of an effect,  have one area on a landfill that has turned up carcasses and footprints every December for the last 3 years but all I found this year was one rabbit hollowed out by a buzzard, as the ground starts drying and the mud goes like putty I should hope to find a few tracks, along the sides of country lanes is a good spot to look, have got a few from gateways found tracks all along the side of this road came from one field and disappeared through the gate by the van 

D5E4F848-6415-4FFA-B6AF-B702BA20ABB9.png

D6400DEE-3834-4310-8453-959522047DAE.png

C2DA6037-A31C-477B-8EDE-AE82B09FB25E.png

• Like 2

Out moling today. 60 kph gale, torrential rain all morning and heavy showers in the afternoon interspersed with sunshine and a hail storm. 14 calls and glad to be home. Looks like the same tomorrow ?