Remington subsonic.

I purchased 100 RDS of these yesterday.

I was not to excited from past experiences with Remington ammo!

IMG_20191225_134300922.jpg.19d5aca3fa4d9c44daa240200de695b6.jpg

Amazingly they want to group but at least one in ten is a popper and jams the action like no other bad ammo has!

About one in twenty is super sonic.

All the others want to group. Flicking pebbles at 100 yards was quite easy but alas same old story with Remington, no consistency so they are out! Again. ☹️

SD.

• Like 3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wondered where my gate hinge had gone?

I really don't know mate, maybe an urban myth that subs did'nt have the oomph to recoil the action, I.m sure there was someting in it back in the day with certain ammo, but I canny recall to be honest

I purchased 100 RDS of these yesterday. I was not to excited from past experiences with Remington ammo! Amazingly they want to group but at least one in ten is a popper and jams the ac

Posted Images

They’re shite. The last Remington.22’s I was offered were cyclones at £2:35 box/50. I declined. ?

used to use the reduced velocity c bees though, 33 grain/40 ft lb hollow points, shot some rats with those on an old embankment that was, and still is infested. They were cheap as well mind?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

By who gav.

My 1022 was fine on them and so is this marlin.

Got to keep the action dry mate, same with auto shotguns.

I really don't know mate, maybe an urban myth that subs did'nt have the oomph to recoil the action, I.m sure there was someting in it back in the day with certain ammo, but I canny recall to be honest??

I may be dreaming in my infused state, gimme a few days to sober up, I could eevn be on a different page ?

HELP, I'm locked in a refridgerator ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
35 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

By who gav.

My 1022 was fine on them and so is this marlin.

Got to keep the action dry mate, same with auto shotguns.

was out with mine yesterday morning for a pre dawn raid.. its was miserable as sin but id woke up at 5 and thought sod it so went out!

long shot is ive never cleaned this shotgun and ive had it ages, still works cycles fine but im lazy when it comes to somethings!

when I got home water was literally running out of it so I took it to bits, I needed to nip to the shop so I put the action and barrel in the safe just in case!!

guess what.. its still in the safe and the fore end is still on the side board:wallbash:

• Haha 1

Yeah, was on a beaters day once, it was raw and had snowed.

One lad had a Beretta auto thingy and before lunch it had stopped working. I had a look and I could hardly move the action.

Another lad had some wd40 so we stripped it down and used the WD to dissolve the crud. Worked perfect after that. I told them to stop oiling it, it don't need it. No I am not recommending wd40!

Yep same issue dem naughty germans had in dat dere russia ,ordnung states oil everything but cold ,heat dirt all jamm things up and when 1 million Russkys run at you you dont need a jammed automatic weapon .We in the green light oiled but then wiped down with a rag so only residue remained to stop binding when hot from automatic fire and stop crud jamms .As per sound advice from the S/D and remember Wd 40 Is a moisture repellant not a lube atb

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Gav said:

I really don't know mate, maybe an urban myth that subs did'nt have the oomph to recoil the action, I.m sure there was someting in it back in the day with certain ammo, but I canny recall to be honest??

I may be dreaming in my infused state, gimme a few days to sober up, I could eevn be on a different page ?

HELP, I'm locked in a refridgerator ?

It has been known for subs to lack the gas output to sufficiently blow back the action reliably on a semi auto. It's usually the rounds which are a bit low on powder rather than an every round issue.

Not quite subs - but years ago I used to shoot under invitation to a competition on an indoor range with an FN FAL Semi Auto 7.62 (section 5 Firearm - (military invitation)). We used to use a barrel converter in those to convert them down to .22 for indoor use. In .22 we used to use .22 shorts. We had the same issue with occasional jams due to the amount of gas being produced being marginal to cycle the action. You only need a cartridge a bit down on pressure to fail to cycle the action fully. Was only the occasional shot, but it happened. 

There's no reason not to use .22 subs in a semi, but you may get the very occasional jam. Par for the course really. Wouldn't stop me using them. Blame the ammo not the gun.

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, walshie said:

Eley subs and CCI subs work fine in my 10/22.

Is that a standard 10/22 or modded, I’ve got a 22 on my ticket an can’t make my mind up on a rim fire magic 10/22 about a grand ish or get a standard and add a few mods myself? Decisions?