23 squirrels today.

Noticed a wood of mine bursting with squirrels yesterday so went back today with my 99.

Took a photo of eight but went on to get 23. 

I used a mixed bunch of pellets I got recently from a shop. Separated the shot, 17&22 pellets weeks ago but as I knew ranges were going to be low I just grabbed a hand full.

On the way back I had a major plink, think I shot 200 pellets today and I was knackered, that's a lot of cocking!

Any way it was good to be out with an air rifle again. 

IMG_20191224_140701994.jpg.9018f4f767868424ebb6879c3e91dcfe.jpg

Next to no pellets passed through and bisley pest control give no expansion at sub 12. Some rws pointed seemed to really whollop them and the hobbies the same. Bizzy mags knock the wind out of them but domes seemed to do very little as the cheap twin ringed pointed things.

Gotta say I love the 99. It's shoots most pellets with acceptable hunting accuracy except the real cheap ammo.

IMG_20191224_113721575.jpg.db597ba637c67058dad13541a8971c0f.jpg

SD.

• Like 17

There great little springers for the money sd.. hell of a bag too?
miss me squirrel sessions, the local estate I use to shoot them on got a big grant to launch a full blown attack on the population, snares/ box traps and a team of blokes flat out blasting them for weeks.. there like rocking horse sh1te now:( 

2 hours ago, si brown said:

There great little springers for the money sd.. hell of a bag too?
miss me squirrel sessions, the local estate I use to shoot them on got a big grant to launch a full blown attack on the population, snares/ box traps and a team of blokes flat out blasting them for weeks.. there like rocking horse sh1te now:( 

They'll be back si ?

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 2
On 24/12/2019 at 17:39, Sausagedog said:

Noticed a wood of mine bursting with squirrels yesterday so went back today with my 99.

Took a photo of eight but went on to get 23. 

I used a mixed bunch of pellets I got recently from a shop. Separated the shot, 17&22 pellets weeks ago but as I knew ranges were going to be low I just grabbed a hand full.

On the way back I had a major plink, think I shot 200 pellets today and I was knackered, that's a lot of cocking!

Any way it was good to be out with an air rifle again. 

IMG_20191224_140701994.jpg.9018f4f767868424ebb6879c3e91dcfe.jpg

Next to no pellets passed through and bisley pest control give no expansion at sub 12. Some rws pointed seemed to really whollop them and the hobbies the same. Bizzy mags knock the wind out of them but domes seemed to do very little as the cheap twin ringed pointed things.

Gotta say I love the 99. It's shoots most pellets with acceptable hunting accuracy except the real cheap ammo.

IMG_20191224_113721575.jpg.db597ba637c67058dad13541a8971c0f.jpg

SD.

I reckon I spied a .177 marksman in amongst that .22 mix SD. I must be bored?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...