Couple hours out

Managed a couple of three hours out yesterday with the ferts one is a second season Jill and two Jill’s from this year bred by Penda of here first burrow was a two holer which I seen a rabbit run in as I pulled up so put one of the young in and a bunny comes straight out and bang into the net then another so two in the bag then moved on and netted up another four holer and put the other young one in and one in the net  ran the older Jill through just to make sure it was all clear and it was so ? then went to another spot where there’s a big burrow under a massive thorn bush so long nets out and put all three down and nothing turned out it was full of water so moved on to another spot 30 yards away same again another big thorn bush and put all three back down and had another three out of this with the long nets atb B.B. 

804BED7F-05A9-476B-A627-6BD1212F21C7.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Managed another four today ferts had to work hard as the bunnies were reluctant to bolt just hole hopping done two big Warren’s with both longnets and purse nets had one bounce of the poke net as I put the over lap to close ??‍♂️As it was awkward to net school boy error ? ended the day on four and ferts worked well so more than pleased atb B.B.     

6567F564-122A-4C10-B2B1-88F84E252C3A.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, bell said:

Was out today and babies running through the bloody nets........

Early for babies, I got several pregnant does yesterday but all were no more than a week or two gone. I caught some Young last year in early February yet does caught only a few miles away weren’t even pregnant yet at the same time of year. Always found it strange how rabbits in the same basic area seem to start to breed at different times of year. 

6 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Early for babies, I got several pregnant does yesterday but all were no more than a week or two gone. I caught some Young last year in early February yet does caught only a few miles away weren’t even pregnant yet at the same time of year. Always found it strange how rabbits in the same basic area seem to start to breed at different times of year. 

Been doing the same farm for the last three weeks Bob, the first week we noticed  young in them one ready to drop. Today young popping out and young in every doe. Been so mild up to now it's crazy how early stuff is this year.

Cheers Arry

Out on Tuesday myself and was knackered after, my mate Bry went down like a sack of spuds a fortnight ago after a rabbit in the long net and done his Cruciate Ligament. Well he is hopping around like somebody with a peg leg so I tilled the long nets both sides of the hedge and picked up, after doing three moves then lugging all the gear back the car. The ground is still so wet can't take the motor across the fields, the gates are all locked anyway to keep the crusties out. Lol. 

IMG_1107.jpeg.fc94d9eceffa46b03272d27a6fa17d62.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Out on Tuesday myself and was knackered after, my mate Bry went down like a sack of spuds a fortnight ago after a rabbit in the long net and done his Cruciate Ligament. Well he is hopping around like somebody with a peg leg so I tilled the long nets both sides of the hedge and picked up, after doing three moves then lugging all the gear back the car. The ground is still so wet can't take the motor across the fields, the gates are all locked anyway to keep the crusties out. Lol. 

IMG_1107.jpeg.fc94d9eceffa46b03272d27a6fa17d62.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Good bag that. Well done mate ??

• Like 1