Anti vaxxers

I never understood that advert telling you not to take antibiotics unless you really have to. You can only get them through the doctor, so unless you buy them from some dodgy internet site, you wouldn't have access to them anyway. 

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

I never understood that advert telling you not to take antibiotics unless you really have to. You can only get them through the doctor, so unless you buy them from some dodgy internet site, you wouldn't have access to them anyway. 

I think it’s because a lot of people don’t finish the full course of antibiotics so probably have some in the medicine  cupboard. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I think it’s because a lot of people don’t finish the full course of antibiotics so probably have some in the medicine  cupboard. 

Never thought of that. Out of date antibiotics that might not even be the right ones. What could go wrong? :laugh:

On 22/12/2019 at 21:15, jukel123 said:

I get your point 100% but thalidomide  was a drug precribed for morning sickness. Women  had no need to take it, it wasn't a killer or a maimer. Thank f**k there's no women on here, they would slate me for that last commemt.

No, i would not, but I do not think women were really to blame.  If they had known, I do not think any of them would have decided to take the stuff.  Big pharma offers you a supposedly safe tested way to stop feeling like hell, how many would say no?  It is easy to be wise after the event.  A  lifetime of heartbreak and regret is not something anybody would choose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 23/12/2019 at 10:39, walshie said:

Never thought of that. Out of date antibiotics that might not even be the right ones. What could go wrong? :laugh:

Antibiotics don't go out of date,the date thing is so folks throw them away and get new ones so the drug companies make more money,if you sort of know the spectrum of what sort is needed then types of human ones are all good for animals...

• Like 3

Think it's more a case of docs dishing out antibiotics like smarties ," oh I've got  a sore throat " here goes take this course of antibiotics, you've a throat infection,,,,,No you have a sore throat, that will clear up via the bodies immune system, not a course of antibiotics 

• Like 2