Anybody plan on breeding wheaten greys this new year?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posting pics up for Busher100. Bull/Wheaten and coursing greyhound bitch? should be handy dogs  

1st x.Wheaton bull.dog.single handed.still young.may stud out [BANNED TEXT] older an guaranteed. See how he goes

They’re like fanny pads, every bleeding Cnut has one

Posted Images

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:52, Lenmcharristar said:

Only seeing this now, go with greyhound. Pleasssssssssseeeeee . And good luck with the mating. Too much other breeding in it if ya go shitluki Lolol keep the good old fashioned wheaten grey. Lol

If say again goes with a greyhound lenmcharristar  will quarter wheaton be enough?

13 minutes ago, Marvel said:

If say again goes with a greyhound lenmcharristar  will quarter wheaton be enough?

If the pic on say again's avatar is of his bitch, I'd say greyhound be ideal to put over her. Looks to have taken strongly to the wheaten more than greyhound

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I suppose the question should be is a quarter anything enough when the rest is greyhound?

I recon so mate the game as changed from the more sturdy f1s ferreter types most people could do with a dog with a bit of speed about it that still has traceability 1/4 of base blood is bang on the money in most Lurchers an what people need still very workable...if I was just coming in to the lurcher game an looking for a dog an see a  add genuine 1/4 Wheaton greyhounds id be all over them it’d be a simple case of take my money an I’ll take my chances Bet I wouldn’t go far wrong in getting a half decent worker that’d have a crack at most things if the law was different 

• Like 3

One of the best two dogs I have ever seen was a smooth coated Wheaton greyhound.....it was simply lethal ! 

Everything about the dog was outstanding, it’s nature when at rest and the way it just destroyed it’s quarry at work.

• Like 2
On 03/01/2020 at 21:53, Say again said:

I'm planning on a litter this year. Got a 1st X wheaten greyhound. Got choice of a track greyhound and a saluki coursing type but not sure which way to go. Also theres a non ped I can use but worried they will end up to small 

Why would you put a Wheaton to a Saluki? .........can’t see the logic in that ? 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Why wouldn't you

Well, I suppose it depends what you want to do with it really.......it’s like Sal/bull/grey, tidy all round dogs (I had one myself and really liked him) but you wouldn’t choose it if you had very heavy duty work in mind on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Well, I suppose it depends what you want to do with it really.......it’s like Sal/bull/grey, tidy all round dogs (I had one myself and really liked him) but you wouldn’t choose it if you had very heavy duty work in mind on a regular basis.

You kind of said what I would of said if you said summat else lol but going wi the greyhound again may limit the heavy work also  

What would you do