Shortest day of the year today.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry meet to all who visit and gather here for Solstice and Yule. May your days and nights be blessesd. Ring those bells. Feed the fires. The light commeth.

I find it depressing as f**k, long summer days I feel like superman.....cold grey winter days is like living death to me.

My uncle was a water bailiff on the river on the road out of Amesbury to Stonehenge and as a young lad i used to go water weed cutting with him there and after we cut the weed he'd teach me to fly fis

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, WILF said:

I read the other day that it actually can fall between the 21st and the 23rd technically.

However, I look forward to it because I absolutely loathe the winter......and I mean loathe it.

It affects me quiet badly.

I love it with a passion, it's nature in all its raw beauty, love the wind, rain snow and frost. Dark nights and short days. It's suits my mood and persona. 

Atb j 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Neal said:

I was brought up to believe that the Winter Solstice was 21st December and the summer solstice was 21st June but I've noticed, for the last few years, that my calendars always record it as the 22nd so I'm a tad confused by this too.

Is it because it's the longest night rather than the shortest day maybe and therefore falls between the two...but that would therefore mean the opposite for the summer one.

I remember being taught at school that the winter solstice was previously on the 25th (before they added the extra days re Gregorian calendar and all that jazz) and that's how Christianity was encouraged among us pagans.

I blame brexit for it.

23 hours ago, WILF said:

I find it depressing as f**k, long summer days I feel like superman.....cold grey winter days is like living death to me.

I don't find it depressing. It's just that it's wet, cold and everywhere  is shit and muddy.

22 hours ago, jetro said:

I think I suffer from this terribly lol

Atb j 

Screenshot_20191221-110228_Gallery.jpg

There's a serious fault line here !!   WARNING, WARNING. Weirdo,  pervert alert.

ROLL ON GLOBAL WARMING.  That's why the Vikings celebrated it.  Up, up towards the warmth, plenty and long days of summer.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Meece said:

I blame brexit for it.

I don't find it depressing. It's just that it's wet, cold and everywhere  is shit and muddy.

There's a serious fault line here !!   WARNING, WARNING. Weirdo,  pervert alert.

ROLL ON GLOBAL WARMING.  That's why the Vikings celebrated it.  Up, up towards the warmth, plenty and long days of summer.

Dark winter nights, wind howling, rain lashing of the windows, roaring fire, sat in comfort. What's not to love.

Summer, heat, sweating, flies, tourists ect ect. No, not for me lol.

Atb j 

On 21/12/2019 at 12:35, fireman said:

My profile pic is of me at Stonehenge during a Winter Solstice   :laugh:,....

The goat followed us down the road when we left site and i sort of ended up looking after it as some hippy dogs with no livestock manners were hassling it and hence why it's up on the  stones and not there for sacrifice as some folk that day asked me..:victory:

I thought it was a Jack Russell on the back of a sofa ! Just had a closer look with me readers on lol ,??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, jetro said:

Dark winter nights, wind howling, rain lashing of the windows, roaring fire, sat in comfort. What's not to love.

Summer, heat, sweating, flies, tourists ect ect. No, not for me lol.

Atb j 

Aha, the truth will always out. You love the cold, wet, wind, rain lashing down etc, as long as you're INSIDE IN THE WARM NEXT TO A ROARING FIRE. I think we're all like that  mate lol ?

• Haha 1