Ramipril

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure.

150/110 averaging over the last 3 weeks testing at home.

Now the doctor has said ive got to take ramipril for the the near future.

Has anyone else been prescribed such medication and more importantly.

Is it a life long medication or will things improve so the medication can stop.

I've read a bit about lifestyle changes.

Reducing salt intake etc.does a few simple lifestyle changes make a big difference or only small differences.

Cheers king...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You Hope !

It did, I'll be honest, I just packed them in, no vapes, patches ect ect, they only prolong the addiction. You will be fine after 3 days. You'll be over the worst of it. Just keep your self busy,

Quit the smokes,eat clean,keep your weight down and excercise regularly and your BP will come down.  

f**k me 110 thats high ?.....i was taking Ramipril for a few years the main thing to sort out is your Cholesterol get that down to a sensible level,get rid of any stress in your life,get a bit of exercise and you should see your bp normalise again.

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

f**k me 110 thats high ?.....i was taking Ramipril for a few years the main thing to sort out is your Cholesterol get that down to a sensible level,get rid of any stress in your life,get a bit of exercise and you should see your bp normalise again.

It is a bit high gnasher 110

My cholesterol is 5.8 

The doctor said it's a little high.

I'm getting plenty of exercise this time of year.

Mate I'm on three different blood pressure tables. I'm sure I've been on Ramipril before but it took about 18 months before they found what pills and what strength would work. Now my blood pressure is under control. I tried cutting down on salt and alcohol but to be honest not very good at it as I love both. A good friend of mine did well gave up both and came off the pills.

Cheers Arry

4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Mate I'm on three different blood pressure tables. I'm sure I've been on Ramipril before but it took about 18 months before they found what pills and what strength would work. Now my blood pressure is under control. I tried cutting down on salt and alcohol but to be honest not very good at it as I love both. A good friend of mine did well gave up both and came off the pills.

Cheers Arry

Taking 3 different tablets is some going arry. What was your BP readings before you started on the medication

I hardly drink alcohol.

But smoke maybe 25/30 A day.

And egg and soldiers won't be the same without salt..

I don't really add salt to wanting apart from the above.

But lots of food has it added all ready

So hard to cut it out I think.

7 minutes ago, king said:

It is a bit high gnasher 110

My cholesterol is 5.8 

The doctor said it's a little high.

I'm getting plenty of exercise this time of year.

If your cholesterol is only 5.8 and that bp figure is over a few weeks and not just a spike then im not surprised your being treated for it......for many people 150/110 is a medical emergency.

been on ramipril 10mg  since 2006 also on nicorandil 30mg twice a day  zemtard 300xl clopidogrel 75mg atorvastatin 80mg my blood pressure still rises to an alarming high  but have had 24hr monitors on a few times and it seems to be when i exercise  or get stressed but the rest of the time its at a decent level and theirs no tablet the works only when exercising

Edited by big sid
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

If your cholesterol is only 5.8 and that bp figure is over a few weeks and not just a spike then im not surprised your being treated for it......for many people 150/110 is a medical emergency.

We got to check my lads BP regular because of medication.

So I said to the wife give me a go about 3 weeks ago and that's the average reading throughout 3 weeks testing every other day.

I seen the doctor 3 days ago.

I had a Electrocardiogram 2 days ago.

The nurse said the readings are good when she looked at the print out.

So see what the blood tests say is the next step.

no mate i suffered 5 yes 5 heart attacks in the space of a week got a triple by pass and was good for a few years then had a small stroke but recovered well i have angina but i still run my own business and work seven days most weeks still get out digging when i can (work  gets in the road) although not very good on the spade as it causes chest pain and breathlessness  but i still enjoy it

• Like 1

Just forget about it you’ll be fine.. get down gym and tidy up your eating.. I done one of them bp monitors in the airport on way to holiday with mrs last year and it came back high lol I’d had a big puff on the vape before I left had a right paranoid flight lol.. 

• Haha 1

I had a very high blood pressure at my last medical, also almost 40percent kidney failure, in under a year, turned out ( pretty normal for men over 55 apparently) that I had a massively enlarged prostate, never realised how much shit it could cause but basically as I was not pissing properly my kidneys were not functioning properly and I was poisoning my own body without even knowing, as it all happened very gradually it kind of snook up on me, until my pissing became almost nothing, would run to the toilet get it out and nothing get back down stairs and off again, I now take one pill a day and everything has returned to normal have cut out salt in my diet as well just because of how bad it is for you and how much is already added to a lot of food but I feel a whole lot better than I did 6months ago ???

40 minutes ago, big sid said:

no mate i suffered 5 yes 5 heart attacks in the space of a week got a triple by pass and was good for a few years then had a small stroke but recovered well i have angina but i still run my own business and work seven days most weeks still get out digging when i can (work  gets in the road) although not very good on the spade as it causes chest pain and breathlessness  but i still enjoy it

Christ fair play sid that's some ordeal to go through.

And you are still cracking on with the terriers.

I take my hat off to you mate...

24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I had a very high blood pressure at my last medical, also almost 40percent kidney failure, in under a year, turned out ( pretty normal for men over 55 apparently) that I had a massively enlarged prostate, never realised how much shit it could cause but basically as I was not pissing properly my kidneys were not functioning properly and I was poisoning my own body without even knowing, as it all happened very gradually it kind of snook up on me, until my pissing became almost nothing, would run to the toilet get it out and nothing get back down stairs and off again, I now take one pill a day and everything has returned to normal have cut out salt in my diet as well just because of how bad it is for you and how much is already added to a lot of food but I feel a whole lot better than I did 6months ago ???

I never knew the kidney would be 40% failure over 55 yrs.

That prostate is a dodgy thing GM 

It's good you are back to normal mate..

1 hour ago, king said:

Taking 3 different tablets is some going arry. What was your BP readings before you started on the medication

I hardly drink alcohol.

But smoke maybe 25/30 A day.

And egg and soldiers won't be the same without salt..

I don't really add salt to wanting apart from the above.

But lots of food has it added all ready

So hard to cut it out I think.

Can't remember how high it was mate must be ten years ago now, didn't know I had high blood pressure till I had a test medical at work. As I said it took a long time trying different pills and different combinations to get it right. I did try to get them to cut back on one as I was fairly sure it was that was giving me painful shoulders, had to go back to back to it. Came home from work feeling really bad and blood pressure was real high. But as long as I take the pills seems okay, i have a blood test and check up every 6 months or so.

Cheers Arry