and the price of bread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lab x I grew up with, she new more about the hunting game than me, proper old school poaching bitch fur and feather. Lab mother collie grey father of unknown percentage. Possibly 3/4 greyhound 1/4 col

this turned out not the way i was expecting lol...a positive buzz of this topic ,,best of luck with the venture

If we can get it sorted mate I’ll breed a litter

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I have the kennel space but require a well bred greyhound bitch, then there’s the lab... not sure who would stud out a working lab to breed lurchers.

I might be able to get a stud out of Danish deer tracking stalking lines. If you are serious I will make some enquiries? 

Sounds like a real good cross, lads I just have a question and that is I was told rightly or wrongly that you always put speed over the bitch as in grey stud lab bitch or is that old wife's tales. Just interested that's all. Thanks 

• Like 2

Yep same here Mr Wilkes, it's just something I heard by an old dogman can't remember what the reasoning behind it was now.

I'm sure someone will be along to say it's bollox lol.

Think I'd rather the lab characteristics than the grey for sure though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Never heard of those lines tyla, you got anymore info ?.

I do a lot of deer stalking and do a bit of blood tracking too. Some of the guys in europe who do the same use labs as both stalking indicator dogs and to track wounded deer. They have to be able to hold a wounded deer so a bit of hardness is not discouraged. I think that might be a benefit when breeding a lurcher?

I'm sure there's dogs here that would do the same but it's not likely to be encouraged in a dog used for picking up or beating.

That's my thinking anyway for what it's worth

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

If we can get it sorted mate I’ll breed a litter

Let me know when you get a bitch in. If I am Able to provide a pup a home I’ve got a well bred working stud dog you could definitely use for a pup in return. if you would be happy to do that and Tyla is unable to provide a stud.

6 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Let me know when you get a bitch in. If I am Able to provide a pup a home I’ve got a well bred working stud dog you could definitely use for a pup in return. if you would be happy to do that and Tyla is unable to provide a stud.

You got any pictures and details of the stud? I don't have a particular stud in mind, just traits that i would like to see. If it's a dog you know and you think it ticks the boxes then that might be a good bet

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Tyla said:

You got any pictures and details of the stud? I don't have a particular stud in mind, just traits that i would like to see. If it's a dog you know and you think it ticks the boxes then that might be a good bet

Got no details as such mate. I think the dogs 5 year old He s come from a well bred line of ftch dogs I believe. He s my nephews dog He s had him since a pup. He s got another one also which is red from different breeding. The dogs are worked also. I will see if I can get you a pic over the next week or so and drop you a pm

• Like 2