Fell and moorland terrier club videos from the 90s

A video off this channel popped up in my recommended videos the other day and been watching them all since......probably been on here before but thought I’d share them for anyone who hasn’t seen them as it brought some old names and photos to life for me. Some of the best terrier men this country has produced are on it so well worth a watch :thumbs:

part 1......

Part 2......

Two videos on Bert Gripton are worth a watch to.....

Enjoy :thumbs:

• Like 6

This also popped up to.....imagine a top English footballer going out shooting now lol just would not happen anymore! 

As soon as I heard that theme tune it brought back memories of watching it as kid, my mum used to tape it on the old vhs if I was out lol

Good one with Archie Coates to, that man certainly knew his pigeons and pigeon shooting :thumbs:

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

A video off this channel popped up in my recommended videos the other day and been watching them all since......probably been on here before but thought I’d share them for anyone who hasn’t seen them as it brought some old names and photos to life for me. Some of the best terrier men this country has produced are on it so well worth a watch :thumbs:

part 1......

Part 2......

Two videos on Bert Gripton are worth a watch to.....

Enjoy :thumbs:

Bought a DVD from someone in the terrier section about the above.

Forget who was selling them now.

A good watch...

That triggered the memory rat face ?

• Like 1

levi oaks a true gent and a geniunue terrier man rip and the same to a few names i know on there the fell and moorland as never got the praise it deserved especially on rescues to many egos that had to been seeen there yet lazy cnuts on the shovel yet i give my full respect to those that were actively involed in rescuses 

• Like 3

I've drunk a few pints in the Pica dog (The Greyhound).

Bought my first Lakeland off John Cowan and my second off Cyril Tyson.

Cyril became a personal friend of mine, and must have been in his mid 50's when he'd pick me up from my home and take me to the newly formed Cumbria Terrier Club.

He'd feed me half pints of light touch all night and it never cost me a penny.... I was 14yr old at the time! lol.

I'm 58 yr old now and live on the other side of the world, but still remember the pride I had when my two old terriers where awarded working certificates and me only 15 yr old at the time.

Good memories.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The clubs still going strong, and doing the job it was started for, the only down side is not enough people are willing to get involved, been members yes but not willing to take an area on or put there name out there, But i can fully understand why people don’t want to tho it’s hard times at the moment for terriermen. I think the video is fantastic a real look back at some top names of the sport.

what I often wonder if there is a lot of unseen footage some where that got cut when editing, that would make good watching,