Tattoos ?

2 minutes ago, jetro said:

Sounds good and very unique 

Atb j 

I spoke to a mate who's addicted to tattoos and she showed me the work of an artist she knows, it was a piece based on Hades, which was to have Zeus added to complete it, sort of like equal and opposite in meaning. Anyway, he's the man for the job without doubt.

I probably prefer the classical Roman art style but with the ancient greek theme.

Tattoo or not, it's a cool bit of art and culture to me. Love reading about it.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you can't think what to get,don't get one.not yet anyway. Don't get one just for the sake of it.there chavvy as f**k.

I can't think of a single thing that is that important that i'd want it tattood on me. Yes i like dogs,hunting and all that but if it's that important to you why do you need to shout about it.unl

Why would it be a wind up .. might not be everyone's cup of tea but why not have a tattoo that as a personal touch rather than some random tribal tattoo ? 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Your a educated fella with a good job ' get it done man.

I bet you can peel a orange in your pocket ?

Feels like a waste when two grand would send me back to the mountains actually being the person I want to be rather than just pretending to be with showy tattoos.

I don't eat oranges....... throwing the peel away feels like waste. :whistling:

• Like 1
Just now, maxhardcore said:

How's it being something your not.

You either like them or you don't 

If you like them you get them unless a tad scared ??

:laugh: Max, you clearly don't understand me but I'll entertain this for a moment longer.

Given that I'm not a wealthy man, I would rather spend two thousand pounds plus on actually doing shit that defines me, rather than spend it on art work that tells everyone what man I want to be but aren't because I'd preferred to spend the money on telling them than actually doing it.

Christ, you're hard work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I like the idea of tattoos but I'm too utilitarian to 'waste' money and time off work on them and too 'serious' to have a cheap shit one. :laugh:

After a lot of thought I came up with the perfect piece for me, a sprawling scene of various ancient Greek mythological figures, Artemis, Orion & Poseidon with potential to add more.

One day if ever I have more money than sense. :angel:

Sounds great ,I like that idea ,I would go for Hestia ,not exciting but a good fit for me .

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Sounds great ,I like that idea ,I would go for Hestia ,not exciting but a good fit for me .

That's what I liked about the theme, being able to tailor it to be personal. The mythology is so rich. A soldier might want Aries and Athena, a builder/creator might want Hephaestus or Prometheus and a 'live in the moment' partyer Dionysus. Loads of potential for background and filling too, Artemis could have hounds and forest, Poseidon wild horses or crashing waves etc.

I liked the idea of an Aphrodite/Adonis scene too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

That's what I liked about the theme, being able to tailor it to be personal. The mythology is so rich. A soldier might want Aries and Athena, a builder/creator might want Hephaestus or Prometheus and a 'live in the moment' partyer Dionysus. Loads of potential for background and filling too, Artemis could have hounds and forest, Poseidon wild horses or crashing waves etc.

I liked the idea of an Aphrodite/Adonis scene too.

If I want Adonis ,I use a mirror 

• Haha 2
On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:59, socks said:

Insure instead of ensure .......

Actually I made a mistake. That tat is the preamble to the constitution not the declaration of independence.

My bad...

But as I understand it. Insure as in insurance is the correct wording/spelling. But either way, it's fairly archaic by todays style.

17 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Actually I made a mistake. That tat is the preamble to the constitution not the declaration of independence.

My bad...

But as I understand it. Insure as in insurance is the correct wording/spelling. But either way, it's fairly archaic by todays style.

Be happy Mickey - there's nothing wrong with a bit of old fashioned patriotism :good:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

You have to admire the craftsmanship of the artists, also admire the person who got it done. One of the most painful places to get tattooed on the body, the ribs. 

You thinking of getting some work done.  It can get very addictive one you start.

Atb j