• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you tried getting off one flight and making it to another while you've got kids with you ... There's not a feckin chance ?? id get one flight straight to Lapland and wouldn't care how much cheape

we went 2008.....and our experience was brilliant....we went for 4 days 3 nights....flew straight there on a pacage....had a log cabin in the woods the cabin even had a sauna ...it really was stunning

I saw the northern lights both times i was there and saw some wild reindeer on my way to sweden.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Flights leave Manchester and Gatwick might be easier (and cheaper) to fly to a nearby country (sweden, Estonia, Lithuania etc) and then connect to Lapland

Have you tried getting off one flight and making it to another while you've got kids with you ... There's not a feckin chance ?? id get one flight straight to Lapland and wouldn't care how much cheaper it would be to fly Elsewhere first lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Chid said:

Have you tried getting off one flight and making it to another while you've got kids with you ... There's not a feckin chance ?? id get one flight straight to Lapland and wouldn't care how much cheaper it would be to fly Elsewhere first lol

You're talking to the guy who threatened to send his daughter around Europe on connecting flights. Just to make a point about her moaning about direct flights ?‍♂️???

My boss complained about an Airbnb I got him in the city, so I sent him to another one ?

With kids just tell them "this way to Santa... that way to the local Catholic priest" ?‍♂️ Another tactic is to drug them with Valium and say their tired when you trolley them around the airport...

Point I'm trying to make is... fuuck the kids, make them do what they should or... they don't see Santa ?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s why the package deal is always best mate??

Package deals are for the lazy cnuts ?

My mate comes here every year with his brood... most times, he stays at the all inc' hotels up the coast. Kids fuuck about all day eating burgers and shit, bit of entertainment at night and that's it. I've always dragged mine about the place and if they argue/moan.... it goes on longer. They soon learn their dad is a cnut ??

Make sure you go the right part.....think last year some of it didn’t have any snow.........long way to go with the kids to get off the plane and there’s no snow......no snow = no Christmas activities....

• Like 1
Just now, bell said:

Make sure you go the right part.....think last year some of it didn’t have any snow.........long way to go with the kids to get off the plane and there’s no snow......no snow = no Christmas activities....

True, best to get outside of the cities I'm told.

• Like 1

Never been to Lapland but I have been up to abisko in sweden tho which is about four hours away but still in the artic circle and that place is truly stunning, spent 3 nights at abisko guesthouse which is two mins away from a huge frozen lake you can walk on to go out for the lights......first two nights I was there were cloudy/snowing so no chance of seeing the lights but on my last night I was treated to a good show for about 3 hours and it’s a night I’ll always remember and hoping to go back next year but in the autumn when it’s a bit warmer than -17c at night lol

Thing is with Lapland at Christmas is the costs go right up as it’s peak season......if you like scenery tho you will love it I’m sure.......

6F4ED2E7-C2C8-44D8-A45E-83389E2A2386.jpeg.9cd697bd05db28c9542092252f802f2d.jpeg

BB8B7829-7393-4BE8-B18E-8F5FF8DDA330.jpeg.754d86ffaab5bc4023d34df75e7fd602.jpeg

And a shit photo of the lights took on my phone as my camera wouldn’t switch on in the cold lol

D17FC51A-0474-49B4-A042-408D9FD85D32.jpeg.5d942c265e8ff61e25f8e4b2ed70cdaf.jpeg

Definitely worth the trip up to that part of the world imo ?

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 1