Had my eyes opened.

jcm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have always thought that my little terrier has worked well for me and given me many a good days hunting.  Then iv started running him with a couple teckle and teckle xs.  Although in

2 beaglecocker bitches I’ve had the pleasure to own atb cbx 

https://www.bds.org.uk/index.php/research/deer-distribution-survey Scroll down a bit and it has the links for different maps for different types of deer. 2016 but can't find any later.

Posted Images

Being cheeky here but anyone in northwest with a Teckel or bushing type. Like to tag on and see what would suit me. Got a 7 month old lurcher pup at the minute want to get him going and then maybe pick up a bushing pup in the summer. Only ever had mongrelly terriers before for bushing. 

7 hours ago, stevemac said:

I bet if he hunts often enough with the butchers he will improve monkey see monkey do really does work with dogs.

I'm not saying my terrier isnt a good bushing dog because he is but like any terrier  just not as good as these purpose bred types 

I use a spaniel terrier mate. He’s a great busher and loves ferreting. He don’t range that far though. Handy sometimes but when I’m in the hills I could definitely do with something that ranges out a bit. If I had a choice then I would go beagle x spaniel terrier type. Having said that I go on the hills with a lad who has 2 beddy whippets. They leave no stone unturned and cover some ground. They go in all sorts of cover. They opened my eyes. Get a young dog stock broke and then out with dogs that hunt the way you want. Most will pick it up. ?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, gaza said:

Being cheeky here but anyone in northwest with a Teckel or bushing type. Like to tag on and see what would suit me. Got a 7 month old lurcher pup at the minute want to get him going and then maybe pick up a bushing pup in the summer. Only ever had mongrelly terriers before for bushing. 

Where abouts are you mate ? Just tried to PM u and it said u can't receive messages 

15 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I bet you could have a bloody epic time with a couple of those things wedded to muntjac!

Might even be legal if they bail it up for the rifle.

Yeah that be good fun, be a good 4 hour trip to find munty for us tho 

3 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

What i do find strange is.. the absence of red deer in snowdonia.

I consider north Wales to be very.. and i really mean "Very similar"  ... country to that of the Lake district!!

Loads of Reds in the Lakes though... strange...

Two reasons for that 

A would you want to live in north wales?

B the north welsh are very intolerant of anything English or basically non welsh origin

?

• Haha 1