How do everyone new lad from Yorkshire

Don't expect to much from her mate working her to hard to fast will break her heart she will come on in age I've had all sorts of long dogs corseing dogs and made some bad mistakes on my part they will start whimpering behind rabbits and hares if they not experienced enough to catch them and once they start doing that they will always do it she,ll come on in a few months ?

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 07:09, Salford Whippet said:

Ah ok thanks. Keeping my eye open for helpful tips. I have a 4 month old beddy lurcher and at this stage of her life every little helps haha.

Cheers.

Start really basic mate like teaching a baby. If I can’t give you advice I’d say teach your dog how to retrieve and move in to fur retrieves to get there mouth used to the feel. Make sure your dog is on the lead a lot for the start it can be a pain in the arse when they’re shit on the lead mate trust me. Simple things count when they’re older mate. Definitely stick break your dog 100% (walking along side cattle without feeling the need to attack) right from wrong. Working with ferrets from early helps a lot too some dogs from experience just do not like them like my Lou but she will work with them. I wouldn’t walk too much too far either as there bones are still developing and it can cause problems later on in life. Hope this helps don’t mean to sound patronising or anything mate! I just wish I’d of known what I know now lol. Good luck pal 

15 hours ago, LukeandLou said:

Start really basic mate like teaching a baby. If I can’t give you advice I’d say teach your dog how to retrieve and move in to fur retrieves to get there mouth used to the feel. Make sure your dog is on the lead a lot for the start it can be a pain in the arse when they’re shit on the lead mate trust me. Simple things count when they’re older mate. Definitely stick break your dog 100% (walking along side cattle without feeling the need to attack) right from wrong. Working with ferrets from early helps a lot too some dogs from experience just do not like them like my Lou but she will work with them. I wouldn’t walk too much too far either as there bones are still developing and it can cause problems later on in life. Hope this helps don’t mean to sound patronising or anything mate! I just wish I’d of known what I know now lol. Good luck pal 

Cheers mate can see what you mean now. Yeah mine at minute is not taking to kindly to the lead starts jumping backwards screaming like I'm murdering it haha not good [BANNED TEXT] I'm having her out at 6am and neighbours think I'm twating my pup lol. But she is really head strong and if I give her an inch she will take a mile . Must be the terrier in her I guess.

• Like 1
On 10/01/2020 at 20:08, Rat ha tat tat said:

Don't expect to much from her mate working her to hard to fast will break her heart she will come on in age I've had all sorts of long dogs corseing dogs and made some bad mistakes on my part they will start whimpering behind rabbits and hares if they not experienced enough to catch them and once they start doing that they will always do it she,ll come on in a few months ?

Thanks mate. Taken on board ?

17 hours ago, Salford Whippet said:

Cheers mate can see what you mean now. Yeah mine at minute is not taking to kindly to the lead starts jumping backwards screaming like I'm murdering it haha not good [BANNED TEXT] I'm having her out at 6am and neighbours think I'm twating my pup lol. But she is really head strong and if I give her an inch she will take a mile . Must be the terrier in her I guess.

Same as are Lou mate. Intelligent dogs! They know what they’re doing? 

• Like 1