Dogs for jobs

I'm a big believer in using the right dog for the right job...

So at this time of year you need a Turkey herder....only one dog for it...

20191215_123303.jpg

20191215_123206.jpg

20191215_123124.jpg

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 6
  • Haha 11

50 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Lol is that yours mate? How old? Dog or bitch? If it’s a bitch can I reserve a pup in the future please  :angel:

It's the wife's, 4 years old now I think..and yes a bitch...shes a proper character, done 4 or 5 miles across the moors with us yesterday no problem... cracks me up to be honest..20191214_112818.jpg.ed9899319e7aa34723f94fd51c6d26e2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, socks said:

Where’s the dog ??? All I can see is two turkeys and some turkey turd ......

Haha..... youd spot your fluffy wuffy white thing easy enough!! Lol

37 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

It's the wife's, 4 years old now I think..and yes a bitch...shes a proper character, done 4 or 5 miles across the moors with us yesterday no problem... cracks me up to be honest..20191214_112818.jpg.ed9899319e7aa34723f94fd51c6d26e2.jpg

Ah I see mate, thought it was a new busher for you lol

does it do any work at all mate or no interest? 

13 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Ah I see mate, thought it was a new busher for you lol

does it do any work at all mate or no interest? 

Itll head into any Bush we go past, lost her for 3 hours in a load of gorse..when I was out with my youngest girl,all I could see was the odd rabbit pop out as she was going through it... shes completely deaf as soon as shes in cover...but no way is she a worker at all mate, shes too small, a nice pet for the wife who tags along with us occasionally...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Itll head into any Bush we go past, lost her for 3 hours in a load of gorse..when I was out with my youngest girl,all I could see was the odd rabbit pop out as she was going through it... shes completely deaf as soon as shes in cover...but no way is she a worker at all mate, shes too small, a nice pet for the wife who tags along with us occasionally...

Sounds like it does enough to warrant joining the mooch mate and no pressure on dogs like that so if they do anything it’s a bonus if you have to take it out anyway lol

is it one of them miniature daschunds then?

5 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Sounds like it does enough to warrant joining the mooch mate and no pressure on dogs like that so if they do anything it’s a bonus if you have to take it out anyway lol

is it one of them miniature daschunds then?

Yes mate, shes a mini...like I say shes a character, but by no means a worker..I'd look a twat if I pretended she was Lol...

Apart from turkey herding obviously, shes a born Turkey herder...lol

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yes mate, shes a mini...like I say shes a character, but by no means a worker..I'd look a twat if I pretended she was Lol...

Apart from turkey herding obviously, shes a born Turkey herder...lol

Lol yes you covered that angle nicely mate haha

fair enough mate just remember you saying you were getting a bushing pup and put 2 and 2 together lol 

did you get a busher btw? I’ll be breeding me oldest bitch next summer.....be one for you if you still looking ;) 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Lol yes you covered that angle nicely mate haha

fair enough mate just remember you saying you were getting a bushing pup and put 2 and 2 together lol 

did you get a busher btw? I’ll be breeding me oldest bitch next summer.....be one for you if you still looking ;) 

I haven't yet, I was holding out for my mate to breed iff his terrier bitch, I've seen her work a fair bit and I like her... but he bred his f***ing lurcher instead and left me high and dry!! Lol

Thanks a lot for the offer mate, and I'd certainly be interested, yours are spaniel x terriers aren't they?

Personally from what I've seen they are great bushing dogs but not sharp enough around rhs holes for ferreting, a lot of ours is big thick hedges, my old terrier and the one my mate has catch more in the hedge top than the runners do bolted... 

Like I say I've only seen a couple bred your way, and I'm very impressed with them working cover, it's just that terrier sharpness I found a little lacking...

1 of them back to a full terrier would be right up my street I reckon..

• Like 1