Dog drinking and pissing alot after lamping

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd agree likely "run its back off" rhabomyolysis. It means that a lot of its muscles will be damaged and break down. It takes time to regrow new muscle and the chemicals released by the dammge can ha

Your dog has acidosis, sandymere will be along sooner or later he will put a few links up and totally confuse you about what to do.

Take some water out with you if it's going to be a long night in the lamp I take water and some lucozade with me seems to be ok 

Posted Images

Lucozade or dioralyte are useful as both have glucose which helps keep the energy up, the former also has a bit of caffeine which might help with muscle contraction. 

But there are better options these day, if really pushing a dog regularly then something with Maltodextrin and fructose is likely a good bet. 

https://www.peakendurancesport.com/nutrition-for-endurance-athletes/fuelling-and-hydration-for-exercise/maltodextrin-plus-fructose-drink/

Thank u for the knowledge lads il put some of that I'm my first aid kit ust in case I think he was just not as fit as I thought iv only had him a month and he had a really hard run shows the amount of drive he has so il make sure this dont happen again it's a learning curve I suppose soon as hes recovered il get out on the bike with  and build him up slowly at James ?

• Like 2