Dog drinking and pissing alot after lamping

Alright folks I got a 2.5 year old lurcher here that's started pissing all the time and drinking full bowls of water and has only started to do this after lamping the other night he ran his bollox off to be honest could this be to do with that is there something I could do to help him supplement wise ? Cheers James 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd agree likely "run its back off" rhabomyolysis. It means that a lot of its muscles will be damaged and break down. It takes time to regrow new muscle and the chemicals released by the dammge can ha

Your dog has acidosis, sandymere will be along sooner or later he will put a few links up and totally confuse you about what to do.

Take some water out with you if it's going to be a long night in the lamp I take water and some lucozade with me seems to be ok 

Posted Images

I'd agree likely "run its back off" rhabomyolysis. It means that a lot of its muscles will be damaged and break down. It takes time to regrow new muscle and the chemicals released by the dammge can harm the kidneys. Plenty of fluid to help flush the kidneys but keep it sensible as they can drink to much. Rest until pain etc settles, pain killers, then gradually build up exercise to regrow the muscles. Learn the lesson. 

Ps simple version for Joe.

It be poorly ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 14
12 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I'd agree likely "run its back off" rhabomyolysis. It means that a lot of its muscles will be damaged and break down. It takes time to regrow new muscle and the chemicals released by the dammge can harm the kidneys. Plenty of fluid to help flush the kidneys but keep it sensible as they can drink to much. Rest until pain etc settles, pain killers, then gradually build up exercise to regrow the muscles. Learn the lesson. 

It be poorly ?

Near enough in layman's terms your getting there ?

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, sandymere said:

It be poorly ?

Thank u very much my friend UV been a massive help ?

• Like 2