Pups feet

24 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Sorry leo, things went off on a different tangent then.

Has your pup maybe ran over some rough, stony ground recently, maybe sprained a couple of ligaments in his toes?

Oh ffs tek it the bumming out the question 

You know how 2 run a man down sheriff 

22 minutes ago, leo1 said:

Has only came around last 4 weeks or so , feet were perfect until then , hes 21 weeks , a thought maybe teething but not sure . Could be right what sharks saying about running over uneven ground etc 

Just a suggestion mate, as there are many variables, but maybe try keeping him on easier ground and restricting the exercise for a while, not easy I know. See if they start improving.

Just to add, as I'm sure that some people will already know, before I get stick for this, but most running dogs  especially the bigger types, take a fair amount of time before tendons, ligaments etc are fully set.

Anyway, hope he comes good for you ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, two crows said:

I have a big gravel yard where all my pups chase about full tilt and I have never had one with bad feet since I been here.

DSCF2323 (3).jpg

Not the same thing mate, you know what I mean. Walk across that gravel yard, in bare feet,it'd be lovely on your feet. Then walk across just 30 yards of a bit of rocky shoreline, see how good your feet feel.

Not looking to argue, just highlighting how much of a difference certain 'rough ground' can make on a still growing pup's feet ?

Edited by shaaark
3 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Yep, take mine all over from the start, think it does them good.

More likely it's growing like shark said and bits haven't caught up? And how feet look doesn't always match how durable they are?

Yeah he runs about like a twat and it doesn't bother him in the slightest just for peace of mind once older really 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, leo1 said:

Has only came around last 4 weeks or so , feet were perfect until then , hes 21 weeks , a thought maybe teething but not sure . Could be right what sharks saying about running over uneven ground etc 

If he is kennled out side loft his box off the floor so he has to hop in and out , when they hop out it seems to tighten the tendons abit and some times pulls them back right , also walk him on road on a lead so it’s a flatish hard surface , I had a pup with slack feet I raised his bed and after a couple weeks of jumping in and out they pulled back in don’t make it too high as he only young and don’t want to much stress on young joints just enough that he has a bit of a drop out 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

Not the same thing mate, you know what I mean. Walk across that gravel yard, in bare feet,it'd be lovely on your feet. Then walk across just 30 yards of a bit of rocky shoreline, see how good your feet feel.

Not looking to argue, just highlighting how much of a difference certain 'rough ground' can make on a still growing pup's feet ?

you miss understood I wasent saying you were wrong, my answer was independent of yours lol and that gravel is horrible.

• Like 1