RIP BELLAMY

I worked with a woman whose parents were into that sort of thing and she said that people like Beĺlamy,  magnus pike, Attenborough and the like were very frequent visitors in her childhood when they came round for drinkies and lunches. She had pet jumping spiders, snakes and stuff. No doubt they lived in the undergwoth.  They're going down like flies recently. 

He spoke honestly about the importance of commercial game shooting and traditional land management for the preservation of our flora and fauna in the UK, even though he was not a hunting or shooting man. He had no hidden agenda but  gained knowledge. That’s why he disappeared from our TV screens many years ago.

Think he spent time at Durham University in latter years but not sure in what capacity.

A proper naturalist. R.I.P. sir.

Edited by eastcoast
Changed a word
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I liked him and his programmes. 

I don't think I would have wanted to get on the wrong side of him - that old boy looked like he knew how to have a tear up :yes:

i was next to him on a plane from london to newcastle 2 year ago. nice fella and he was still a lump at his age.

• Like 1