LED Light bulbs around the house.

Well for some time now my light bulbs around the house have all been halogen except my bathroom, that's a large bathroom LED.So basically in my living room we've got an upright chandelier with 3 candle bulbs small Edison screw halogen equivalent to 40w each.anyway one blew yesterday so I went to local hardware shop to replace it but they only had equivalent in LED for £2 each,so I bought 3 to change them all,well what a difference in brightness and light output,I couldn't believe it..its like white daylight not the yellowish tint you get from halogen.

The rest of my light fittings are GU10 spots with 3 on each fitting, one in kitchen plus one single reflector spot,and same GU10 fittings in each bedroom and bayonet fitting bulbs on landing and passageway all theses were also halogen until I paid a visit to Poundland and replaced them all with LED.What a difference around the house.

So if you've got halogen bulbs around your house, upgrade and change to LED,they certainly do make a huge difference.

Though I'd post this to make a difference from lamps and lamping...what you running?? Lightforce,Cluson,Tracer,or maybe a D LLOYD... LED,Halogen, Cree.

So by now you know I'm running top of the range Poundland GU10 LED.

Been on those L. E. D. S around the house for a while, big difference in lumins/brightness and overall quarterly bills?I can't get on with the hunting lamps.... Struggle to see stuff.... 

Every f***ing new car on the roads got em too.... Got to drive around like stevie wonder at night or get f***ing arc eye?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
16 hours ago, patterdale said:

Well for some time now my light bulbs around the house have all been halogen except my bathroom, that's a large bathroom LED.So basically in my living room we've got an upright chandelier with 3 candle bulbs small Edison screw halogen equivalent to 40w each.anyway one blew yesterday so I went to local hardware shop to replace it but they only had equivalent in LED for £2 each,so I bought 3 to change them all,well what a difference in brightness and light output,I couldn't believe it..its like white daylight not the yellowish tint you get from halogen.

The rest of my light fittings are GU10 spots with 3 on each fitting, one in kitchen plus one single reflector spot,and same GU10 fittings in each bedroom and bayonet fitting bulbs on landing and passageway all theses were also halogen until I paid a visit to Poundland and replaced them all with LED.What a difference around the house.

So if you've got halogen bulbs around your house, upgrade and change to LED,they certainly do make a huge difference.

Though I'd post this to make a difference from lamps and lamping...what you running?? Lightforce,Cluson,Tracer,or maybe a D LLOYD... LED,Halogen, Cree.

So by now you know I'm running top of the range Poundland GU10 LED.

You will also notice a big difference on your electric bill as well, have just fitted led lighting throughout my daughters boat from those little 12volt tube lights and her leccy consumption has plummeted to almost nothing ??

We have the LED bulbs on regular fittings here. Every shop sells them and I hate them ? As said, the light is brilliant white and even the ones that are supposed to have a yellow glow, make everything look like an operating theatre. 

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

How do I do it? I got a few diff types a lamp in house ( silly fcuker here just buys lamps she likes an then realises you need to invent your own bulbs for half a them) an obviously standard fittings on ceilings, so how do swap em to led? ?

Buy led bulbs lol

5 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

We got em here haven’t noticed a difference in the bill though!!!!??!

Need to use the lights instead of being a tight fecker and sitting in the dark ??

• Haha 1