Working whippet for stud wanted

17 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

A good one is 

Your right there mate lot of working whippets seem to be net guarders then peddled as full blown workers ... ive seen photos of some with 5 whippets , purse nets , longnets and f**k knows how many ferrets???it's rare you actually see them bolting and catching on video like you do, I actually read how one chap was triple slipping on the lamp for rabbits with his whippets...brain dead

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've caught lots of rabbits with those old style, barrel-chested whippets.. Speedwise, they are not in the same league as the Hard-Bloods, but I have found that the KC runners, leftover, from the

Can use my dog as a stud if you don’t mind travelling 

Your right there mate lot of working whippets seem to be net guarders then peddled as full blown workers ... ive seen photos of some with 5 whippets , purse nets , longnets and f**k knows how many fer

Posted Images

1 hour ago, carp king said:

Your right there mate lot of working whippets seem to be net guarders then peddled as full blown workers ... ive seen photos of some with 5 whippets , purse nets , longnets and f**k knows how many ferrets???it's rare you actually see them bolting and catching on video like you do, I actually read how one chap was triple slipping on the lamp for rabbits with his whippets...brain dead

Have a look at some of Trev 70 vids bud. Atb

I've caught lots of rabbits with those old style, barrel-chested whippets..

Speedwise, they are not in the same league as the Hard-Bloods, but I have found that the KC runners, leftover, from the organised  hare-coursing days, often have stronger feet.?

Obviously, the out and out race dogs, are fabulous specimens,.almost mini-greyhounds, great physiques , but for hedgerow rabbiting, the original pedigree, working type whippets, are plenty good enough. Whatever the style of whippet,...for me, as a part-timer,  these diminutive speedsters still bring a lot to the table...:good:

• Like 10

Used to have a mick brown bred dog out with us on a Sunday with the terriers, stood 22.5 fairly strong built for a whippet , would stick his head in at the end of a dig and even travel underground, used to walk to where the hares were and catch one if you got close enough before they got to fidgety, because he was brought up with lurchers from a young age he acted and worked like a lurcher , muntjac were taken single handed by him although I didn't see this ,this was in the nineties before the laws changed for the worse

• Like 3
On 11/12/2019 at 19:18, cantona said:

Shadow of the north whippet is at stud , look his pedigree up, he works and his pedigree is good working lines

Aye mate he is out of bobza bitch he is a solid built whippet standing 22.5tts I used him to line my bitch back in March and I am very  pleased with the pup I kept back she has turned out just how I wanted her head strong as f**k she more like a terrier than a whippet 

3 hours ago, Rusky1984 said:

Aye mate he is out of bobza bitch he is a solid built whippet standing 22.5tts I used him to line my bitch back in March and I am very  pleased with the pup I kept back she has turned out just how I wanted her head strong as f**k she more like a terrier than a whippet 

How’s your bitch bred rusky? Thanks ?

5 hours ago, Rusky1984 said:

Have you any pictures of your bitch you can put on mate