Knives to Canada .......

After much deliberating and comments from various folk including on here I’ve decided that to make a set of kitchen knives the handles have to be all the same just vary in size depending on the knife so the set I’ve made I’m going to give to my daughter in Canada for a Christmas present. 

edited to add I can’t put up a picture for some reason ??? 

18 hours ago, dytkos said:

Are there any laws regarding sending knives etc abroad mate?

Cheers, D.

I send a lot of parcels all over the globe and normally just get asked things like has it got batteries or liquids in so think you will be fine, I also often lie just because I can’t be arsed to explain why I,m sending a catapult or something else across the globe, I posted a big chainsaw to new Zealand a while back and apart from the cost it was pain free so a set of kitchen knives I would suspect would go off no problem ???

• Like 2

just be    carefull                    what you put on the customs declaration .ie;  gift!!                                         kitchen equipement 

,avoid the work knife 

if possible  

:good:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

I send a lot of parcels all over the globe and normally just get asked things like has it got batteries or liquids in so think you will be fine, I also often lie just because I can’t be arsed to explain why I,m sending a catapult or something else across the globe, I posted a big chainsaw to new Zealand a while back and apart from the cost it was pain free so a set of kitchen knives I would suspect would go off no problem ???

The back story about the saw to NZ sounds interesting?

Cheers, D.

I think with fixed blade kitchen knives you should be fine, but i would maybe have a check on what is currently prohibited before posting them Socks, (or have them well insured!). There was a lot of news over here regarding knife seizures at the beginning of the year, but I think it was folders that could be opened with 1 hand. Pretty much any folder posted from outside Canada was stopped and destroyed apparently.... I will drop u a PM

• Like 1