Johnathon Pie. Excellent.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you think austerity was bad the last nine years wait until after comrade Corbyn has destroyed the country and buried us an avalanche of debt to fund his crazy schemes. The IMF will be involved, the

I think you are forgetting that the seeds of the 2008 meltdown were sown in the Blair years, you don’t seriously believe that nobody knew what the banks were up too? Blairs best mate George Bush

Get with the times, every political party and it's politicians hate the little people. Labour highlights including Emily Thornberry's disgust at a constituent's van and St George's flag in his window,

If you think austerity was bad the last nine years wait until after comrade Corbyn has destroyed the country and buried us an avalanche of debt to fund his crazy schemes. The IMF will be involved, the nhs will be in a far worse state than it is now. The only reason we needed austerity was due to the chronic overspending by the last labour government. 

In the real world the books need to be balanced. If you think you can just have mountains of free stuff under the fantasy that the top 5% will pay for it then you are deluded. They already contribute 28% of all income tax revenue, wait till Red Jez has his way they will simply leave and the burden falls to the average Joe tax payer. 

You want something work for it, don’t expect to be given it then blame the government if can’t live like a king on someone else’s money. 

Look up what happened the last time a labour government tried to implement similar policies to Corbyn’s. It didn’t end well for our country....

Enjoy your “free” broadband...it will come at a heavy price. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Bob your spot on mate, taken all this time to recover from the last Labour Government. If Steptoe gets in this time we will not recover so quickly with the kind of spending he wants. There will be 20 years of austerity our economy will be like Greece or worse Venezuela.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

In one of his Spectator columns Johnstone described working class men as "drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless and perhaps claiming to suffer from low self esteem because of unemployment'. His arrogance is breathtaking. This is a man who described his £250000 annual fee for writing a weekly column in The Spectator as "chickenfeed". His £145000 cabinet members salary as "inadequate'. When informed that the Confederation of British Industries were terrified at his chaotic brexit plans. He said "f**k business". That's your jobs and small businesses lads!

This is a man who was sacked for making up stories whilst employed as a journalist. He was also sacked as a government minister for lying to his party leader about his affair with a colleague who later had a child  by Johnstone. A child he refuses to acknowledge. He also paid for another colleague to have two abortions presumably because his Jeremy Kyle lifestyle doesn't include wearing a johnny. This is a man who lied to the queen  and inflicts a  shit brexit deal on the country which he does not even believe in. There was no more an enthusiastic Europhile than Johnstone, he simply saw the way the wind was blowing and bent himself in that direction for his own selfish, egotistical and narcisistic desires.

Why won't he apologise for his offensive, disgusting remarks about single mothers? Does he include his former lover and mother of his illegitimate child in his insults? Doesn't he realise lots of single mothers are abandoned by their partners and are actually often heroic in their struggles to bring upon their children alone? Why won't he apologise for his racist and sexist language, or his revolting relationship with that fat peroxide blond he was shagging whilst mayor of London who suddenly found herself a lot richer when awarded a contract by Johnstone?

Why is he such a coward that he won't face Andrew Neil in a leader's interview? Is it because Andrew Neil was once his former boss and knows him as a complete moral defective and an habitual shirker and liar? Why is he such a coward that he wouldn't appear on the climate crisis debate on channel 4? Is it because he and his party don't give two fucks about global warming?

A vote for Johnstone is a vote to take Britain back fifty years. A Dickensian world of a poorly funded NHS, tax  breaks for public schools whilst keeping our kids scandalously short of resources, a world of food banks, tent cities and f***ing zero hours contracts. A world where you work until you are 67 and then get one of the worst pensions in the developed world. We brits are worked to death, miserable stressed out and exploited. The tories are the party of the millionaires. A tory mp will always vote to skew the playing field  towards big business who will always take the piss and keep workers frightened for their jobs.

Vote Labour, you don't have to like Corbyn or Abbot. Just vote for the policies which will improve ordinary lives. A vote for the tories is a vote for doffing your cap to your so called Eton superiors. It's a vote for"over the top lads I'm right behind you". It's a vote which will take us back to victorian times.We deserve better than that.

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

In one of his Spectator columns Johnstone described working class men as "drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless and perhaps claiming to suffer from low self esteem because of unemployment'. His arrogance is breathtaking. This is a man who described his £250000 annual fee for writing a weekly column in The Spectator as "chickenfeed". His £145000 cabinet members salary as "inadequate'. When informed that the Confederation of British Industries were terrified at his chaotic brexit plans. He said "f**k business". That's your jobs and small businesses lads!

This is a man who was sacked for making up stories whilst employed as a journalist. He was also sacked as a government minister for lying to his party leader about his affair with a colleague who later had a child  by Johnstone. A child he refuses to acknowledge. He also paid for another colleague to have two abortions presumably because his Jeremy Kyle lifestyle doesn't include wearing a johnny. This is a man who lied to the queen  and inflicts a  shit brexit deal on the country which he does not even believe in. There was no more an enthusiastic Europhile than Johnstone, he simply saw the way the wind was blowing and bent himself in that direction for his own selfish, egotistical and narcisistic desires.

Why won't he apologise for his offensive, disgusting remarks about single mothers? Does he include his former lover and mother of his illegitimate child in his insults? Doesn't he realise lots of single mothers are abandoned by their partners and are actually often heroic in their struggles to bring upon their children alone? Why won't he apologise for his racist and sexist language, or his revolting relationship with that fat peroxide blond he was shagging whilst mayor of London who suddenly found herself a lot richer when awarded a contract by Johnstone?

Why is he such a coward that he won't face Andrew Neil in a leader's interview? Is it because Andrew Neil was once his former boss and knows him as a complete moral defective and an habitual shirker and liar? Why is he such a coward that he wouldn't appear on the climate crisis debate on channel 4? Is it because he and his party don't give two fucks about global warming?

A vote for Johnstone is a vote to take Britain back fifty years. A Dickensian world of a poorly funded NHS, tax  breaks for public schools whilst keeping our kids scandalously short of resources, a world of food banks, tent cities and f***ing zero hours contracts. A world where you work until you are 67 and then get one of the worst pensions in the developed world. We brits are worked to death, miserable stressed out and exploited. The tories are the party of the millionaires. A tory mp will always vote to skew the playing field  towards big business who will always take the piss and keep workers frightened for their jobs.

Vote Labour, you don't have to like Corbyn or Abbot. Just vote for the policies which will improve ordinary lives. A vote for the tories is a vote for doffing your cap to your so called Eton superiors. It's a vote for"over the top lads I'm right behind you". It's a vote which will take us back to victorian times.We deserve better than that.

You make some excellent points there mate, but I have a genuine question......are you seriously suggesting that the mess the country and it’s services, schools etc etc finds itself in are SOLELY the responsibility of the Tory’s ?

Because your post would seem to suggest you are, which is obviously ludicrous and I know you are much cleverer than that.

You say that Johnson is a moral defective, I’d argue that almost all MPs are moral defectives save for a few notable exceptions like Kate Hoey, Dennis Skinner, Mark Francois, Zac Goldsmith.......at least they seem ok anyway.

All if the rest are filthy charlatans, immoral vacuums playing politics with peoples lives.

Corbyn don’t give a f**k about the small man same as Johnson don’t.....none of the policy they advocate will effect either of them.

They just want to get elected so that they can continue to pick up the salary, the expenses and sip wine at the taxpayers expense.

They won’t loose their house or business or school place for the kids or healthcare or have to get credit to buy a newer van etc etc etc 

• Like 4

Wilf I think the tories conned the british public with austerity packages. No other country bore down on the poor and the disabled like the tories did, meanwhile the rich got a lot richer. In Iceland they imprisoned some of their bankers for their part in the crisis. We let our lot carry on taking the piss. British workers still haven't recovered the same living standards as they had before the banking crisis, no other country is in that state.

Corbyn I grant you is a bit of a wanker, but I think he is basically a decent man.  Politics isn't a case of black and white. I genuinly believe if you or me were suddenly elected to be prime minister we would  try our hardest to make people's lives better. I think Corbyn would too. Where's all the dirt on Corbyn? The best the tory press can come up with is that he sat down with terrorists. But we all know every political leader does deals with terrorists. Trump invited the taliban to the White House, the queen shook hands with the guys who used to lead the IRA ffs. It's diplomacy. Political power often comes out of the barrel of a gun.

50 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Wilf I think the tories conned the british public with austerity packages. No other country bore down on the poor and the disabled like the tories did, meanwhile the rich got a lot richer. In Iceland they imprisoned some of their bankers for their part in the crisis. We let our lot carry on taking the piss. British workers still haven't recovered the same living standards as they had before the banking crisis, no other country is in that state.

Corbyn I grant you is a bit of a wanker, but I think he is basically a decent man.  Politics isn't a case of black and white. I genuinly believe if you or me were suddenly elected to be prime minister we would  try our hardest to make people's lives better. I think Corbyn would too. Where's all the dirt on Corbyn? The best the tory press can come up with is that he sat down with terrorists. But we all know every political leader does deals with terrorists. Trump invited the taliban to the White House, the queen shook hands with the guys who used to lead the IRA ffs. It's diplomacy. Political power often comes out of the barrel of a gun.

I think you are forgetting that the seeds of the 2008 meltdown were sown in the Blair years, you don’t seriously believe that nobody knew what the banks were up too?

Blairs best mate George Bush jnr had the ex chiefs of Goldman Sachs making financial policy at the Whitehouse......policy that the whole of the worlds financial institutions embraced.

But nobody got jailed.....the ordinary worker and business owner and plumber and miner and street sweeper....he was the one that suffered.

But none of them c**ts suffered, Blair went off to a lucrative speaking career, Mandelson to the EU parliament (as did Kinnock before him), Corbyn staid an MP as did Abbott, Duncan-Smith, May, Ken Clarke, the Milliband Brothers, Jaquie Smith (remember her, “accidentally” took 150 thousand pound but didn’t realise!) 

Then along came Cameron and Osbourne......you will need a lot of pain so we can sort out this debt they said!

So, we got pain and plenty(ish) of it but we understood, balance the books and all that.......however the books didn’t get balanced, the debt actually became gargantuan !!

But hey, gays could get married so who gives a f**k right ?

Do you see where I’m going with this mate?........if you can point out the good guy then please do point him out because frankly, I can’t f***ing see one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I actually like Jonathan Pie, he makes some excellent point and not least about the death of debate.

What I don’t understand then is his support for a party that is almost entirely responsible for the death of debate.

Watch Jonathan Pie meets Owen Jones, he makes great points.......but he obviously only talks the talk 

• Like 1

Jukel123 you say corbyn would try to make people's lives better? 

Corbyn wants to see the end of me, people like me and the vast majority of people on this site. I have friends who live in hunt kennels who I know couldn't shoot their own hounds. I'd probably have to do it. I'd have to watch when hunt staffs homes are sold off after being used for hundreds of years. I have friends that live in tied farms on country estates, where their family have lived for generations, they would be finished as inheritance tax goes up and even more estates are broken up and sold to investors. I'm White English in Northern town, while all mps are useless on immigration corbyns labour party wants to actively increase immigration and give all incomers a vote immediately. 

I could go on. 

Politics is a giant game of chess. And at the minute the only piece I have to play to hold off a check mate to me and mine in Boris Johnson. 

• Like 4

I keep hearing how people are suffering under the Conservatives yet for me, a white working class council estate male the worst times were under labour. Yes some people are struggling but really iv have great NHS care, my kids have a great education and plenty of opportunities. We live in a land of opportunities. If foreigners can come here with limited English or no English and build a life then so can anyone. Like I said I know some slip through the system but the worst of times have ALWAYS been under labour. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Pretty limited coverage on this side of the Atlantic regarding besides the focus on how and when Brexit will be achieved, if at all.

Is anyone attempting to control government spending or are they promising anything they can to secure the vote? :hmm: