TV series from mid 90's.

Here's a shot in the dark?

There was a TV series from mid 90's that I remember recording on video tape(VHS).

It was about 6 episodes in total??

Every episode was about different countryside jobs,Gamekeeper, ghillie etc...

I remember the episode about the ghillie job was filmed on the Wye,reason being they were out at night to catch poachers and on the land behind there was someone lamping,and this was one of my permissions.

Can anyone recollect the name of the series? My video tape has long long gone!!

I think I know what you mean. I remember an episode with a bloke drey poking. Was it something like the countryman? 

I just googled that and all I got was Clarissa and the countryman. That's not it.  

Edited by BGA
9 hours ago, steve66 said:

Wasn't it set in the highlands called the gamekeeper , cant remember his full name Charlie ?

Charlie Pirie......always thought he was a good guy but as always you just never know......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/sex-attack-tv-star-jailed-8962612

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, patterdale said:

Here's a shot in the dark?

There was a TV series from mid 90's that I remember recording on video tape(VHS).

It was about 6 episodes in total??

Every episode was about different countryside jobs,Gamekeeper, ghillie etc...

I remember the episode about the ghillie job was filmed on the Wye,reason being they were out at night to catch poachers and on the land behind there was someone lamping,and this was one of my permissions.

Can anyone recollect the name of the series? My video tape has long long gone!!

Below the Goodrich Castle?above/below Ross? Next time I'm at a committee meeting I will have a search through the minutes (go back to 1950s)and ask the older members they will know?

17 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Never knew that, came across as a sound bloke, just goes to show

I went to gamekeeping college with a lad who did some work experience up there with him......said he was a bully and always putting the lads down over everything he possibly could and he hated every minute of it towards the end, couldn’t wait to get away from him 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Below the Goodrich Castle?above/below Ross? Next time I'm at a committee meeting I will have a search through the minutes (go back to 1950s)and ask the older members they will know?

The first scene with the ghillies going on poacher watch was in the daytime, they met up at the diner just below The Cross Keys @ lower Goodrich on the A40 back then I think it was a Little Chef?

I think there were 2 either side of A40 back then?

What committee are you attending?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Monmouth angling, I'm on the committee,... I'm sure some of the old boys will know.... There's 1 who was a ghillie from 70's onwards, will pick his brain at the next meeting, let you know?

8 minutes ago, patterdale said:

The first scene with the ghillies going on poacher watch was in the daytime, they met up at the diner just below The Cross Keys @ lower Goodrich on the A40 back then I think it was a Little Chef?

I think there were 2 either side of A40 back then?

What committee are you attending?

Cheers.

Lower Goodrich beats by caravan park are on Caerphilly and Newport angling licence, above that is the Prince Albert club I believe .... Glewstone and crockers ash used to have a good head of deer...... Used to get smashed by us youngsters before the ban came in?

• Like 1

There was a series featuring Jack Charlton back when.  He went deer stalking with Richard Prior,  pigeon decoying with Archie Coates, stag in the highlands, wildfowling, hare, rough shooting, grouse, there were all sorts.  they can still be watched on YouTube. Link ..... old but still a good viewing?

another vhs vid from back when was the warrener. He controlled Fox in the west country. I used to chuckle at the ole boy...... link ..... this vid just squealed my spaniel in to the back of my pad that I was using to search ......    

Edited by Meece
2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Wasn’t that cafe Jo’s diner at Whitchurch ?

where car wash was to by the Hereford turning .

I remember the bit about the poaching 

DC is there a fella at that club called John lives up in the forest looks like that comedian rhodri Gilbert ?

Yes that's the diner,called in there once for breakfast before beating on Nigel Ropers shoot(Home Farm) when Brian was the gamekeeper, he was a happy old chap?

2 minutes ago, patterdale said:

Yes that's the diner,called in there once for breakfast before beating on Nigel Ropers shoot(Home Farm) when Brian was the gamekeeper, he was a happy old chap?

Never been there myself one in Whitchurch ,The potting shed been  there few times , and when it was in Monmouth ?