H&N.25 slugs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spoken to Kimla &kimla to day  , the place we get our slugs from and he said, with a bit of luck.25 H&N slugs should be out in January .  so Phil start saving up your pension 

Phil does  and if you don’t like it don’t read it 

I put this post up for the ones who have FAC .25 and who are interested in slugs   if you are not interested please do not post ?

7 hours ago, FX Hunter said:

I for one are hanging out big time for HN Slugs to be available in Aussie, I can only get the closest thing to them the Grizzly, and they are great but not so hot on accuracy, gret for hunting, I have taken quite a few Roo's with them on culling permits. Bring on the Slugs.

You have a very different performance with the Grizzly pellet/slug than I had. In my Impact 47fpe the Grizzly was without doubt the worse result from all the pellet tests I did and would never use them on live quarry as they were so bad.

Phil

On 10/12/2019 at 18:28, villaman said:

It’s not farting about but save your self £2 tin + what you pay for car parking ,petrol and time , sit in your own home press a few keys job done 

£2 is £2

and if you order a good few tins

£2 turns into££££££££££££s

atvbjmmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
12 hours ago, philpot said:

You have a very different performance with the Grizzly pellet/slug than I had. In my Impact 47fpe the Grizzly was without doubt the worse result from all the pellet tests I did and would never use them on live quarry as they were so bad.

Phil

Sorry to hear that Phil, maybe depends on the quarry being sought, Roo's are fairly muscly and reasonably built, so the slug opened up OK and did a lot of damage, the wound channel was quite good and they were despatched very humanly and quickly, but that's my experience only maybe on lighter game or heavier game they might not be that good, I don't use them anymore as the price is crazy on them and accuracy is on average 25mm at 50. 

13 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

Same as me phil , I wouldn’t even use them on targets 

• Haha 1

So have you guys actually used them on any Feral or Game, curious why you are both so anti Grizzly, not that I still use them, but I chose not to based and accuracy and cost not despatch or humane reasons, would like to know what you shot and why it did not perform well.

6 hours ago, villaman said:

If they don’t group on targets then will not use then on quarry, that goes with any pellet or slug 

I totally agree, If I cannot get a good group on paper targets at 25mt and every distance beyond that, then I would never use them on live quarry. If they work for you, great but they do not work for us.

Phil

• Like 1

Guys they group around the 1" mark at 50 that is plenty good enough for a decent sized game like a Roo, they are mostly shot around 50, not talking about head shooting bunnies at 100, I was more interested in why you don't like them, I'm guessing that you hunt mainly small stuff that requires precision accuracy if that's the case I would not use them either ✌️

6 hours ago, FX Hunter said:

Guys they group around the 1" mark at 50 that is plenty good enough for a decent sized game like a Roo, they are mostly shot around 50, not talking about head shooting bunnies at 100, I was more interested in why you don't like them, I'm guessing that you hunt mainly small stuff that requires precision accuracy if that's the case I would not use them either ✌️

In the UK we shoot rabbits, pigeon, squirrels and corvids so no large stuff.

The Grizzlys must suit your gun very well because my impact couldn't produce a 2'' group at 25mt every time so clearly not suited to the barrel and villaman also shoots an Impact so perhaps the FX barrels do not like them which is surprising as most of the slug testing has been done by FX owners in different countries so you would think the Grizzly would have also worked.  From your forum name, I assume you are also shooting an FX gun so why they work for you but not us, I don't know. Which gun and power (fpe) are you using the Grizzly in.

Phil

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I’ve got a tin of those grizzlies that my wife bought me. .35 cal I think, don’t know why she bought them in .35? Must be that she’s used to bigger calibres?

Size does matter then :laugh:

• Haha 1