Sign in to follow this  
Balaur

Christmas food....

2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Learn how to knock up a roux sauce, can use it for cheese sauce white sauce tuna pasta bake etc, I'm no cook but enjoy it, it's basically quarter pack of butter two or three spoons of plain flour melt the butter in hob add flour stir vigorously for a couple of minutes want it like playdo  add flour as necessary, then take off hob add a splash of milk and stir until thinner add a pint gradually and keep bloody stirring and then bring to a boil stirring and more stirring done , add cheese or tuna, pour over brocolli or pasta or whatever.....

Everything sounds great bar the tuna lol.

I like eating healthy, not processed food or take aways.

Atb j 

• Like 1

It's a simple sauce base ideal if you don't want to buy processed stuff although obviously butter milk and flour are all processed haha, but not to the extent that jar sauces are for sure, we're trying to do more wholefood but it's tricky, fruit and veg and meat are easy anything else from scratch can either be very time consuming or expensive, first meal I cooked the missus was a Thai curry reckon the ingredients cost me £40 could've took her out for a sit down lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

It's a simple sauce base ideal if you don't want to buy processed stuff although obviously butter milk and flour are all processed haha, but not to the extent that jar sauces are for sure, we're trying to do more wholefood but it's tricky, fruit and veg and meat are easy anything else from scratch can either be very time consuming or expensive, first meal I cooked the missus was a Thai curry reckon the ingredients cost me £40 could've took her out for a sit down lol.

I do all the cooking in this house. Simple meals, but wholesome and healthy. 

Plenty of fresh meat, veg and fruit  you can't go wrong. 

Atb j 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Listen you Egon Ronay lol

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Balaur said:

If I had a foreign box it would be English mustard, pork pies , and cider lol

I totally agree with your list of items here mate. But what's a foreign box?

And please don't say french fanny 😑

• Like 1

My godfather in France  rip wanted baked beans which my father brought him over he then offered them as a dinner option to which my father said you can stick your beans lol, could get them there for a quid a tin but he was a tight sod lol.

Edited by Balaur

Sent a " foreign box " to my son for Christmas. But I call it a parcel form the red cross lol.

Atb j 

7 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Haha, when you're abroad wanting some British grub...

Right, got you lol 👍