Sign in to follow this  
Balaur

Christmas food....

As said what's your plans...

We've a goose in the freezer and gonna do sprouts, spuds carrots , pork stuffing etc. Only wife and kids for Christmas day, really looking forward to days that follow after which will be cold cuts some nice hams tiger bread , butter , pickles maybe some cold turkey..., Getting list together to do my 3am shop closer to the time. Atb Joe

Turkey and ham all the usual veg and trimmings.

There'll be me and the missus the 3 kids and her mum n dad .

Good times my mission this year is to do all the prep on Eve and have an easy Christmas day, either do a breakfast and eat later or have early lunch and a cold plate supper or maybe all three haha...

5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Good times my mission this year is to do all the prep on Eve and have an easy Christmas day, either do a breakfast and eat later or have early lunch and a cold plate supper or maybe all three haha...

I leave all that to the missus.. I just light the fire and relax 🤣😂 

• Haha 1

Were buying our turkey and ham and pigs in blankets pre cooked from.the butchers. Pick it up first thing xmas morning. Then just do the tatties and veg and mrs is making lentil soup. Profiteroles for pudding. 

Me mrs and wee boy the my mum  and step dad. In laws. Sister in law and nephew

• Like 1

Nah I enjoy to cook, season everything, maybe bung a ham in once the goose is cooked ,for boxing day. I tend to cook breakfasts, festive meals and BBQs lol. Most of the time I'm away working eating take out or spoons or microwave meals so I savour the real grub...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Nah I enjoy to cook, season everything, maybe bung a ham in once the goose is cooked ,for boxing day. I tend to cook breakfasts, festive meals and BBQs lol. Most of the time I'm away working eating take out or spoons or microwave meals so I savour the real grub...

I like cooking but the wee boys 2 and nephew 4 both are wild and then its our first year hosting so dont want to make an arse of it lol

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I like cooking but the wee boys 2 and nephew 4 both are wild and then its our first year hosting so dont want to make an arse of it lol

Good luck, mine are 3 and 5 and bonkers I love it and encourage it, missus has to deal with them most the time so not as enthusiastic lol...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MH1 said:

Working, probably get a Ginsters from a petrol station lol

Bah humbug, just have it another day mate....

• Like 1

Just me wife and lad. Daughter just finishing off her 3 month corrections officer training and her start date dec 23rd. Cant see her being home xmas day.

we will have the usual big scallops to start

then turkey my homemade pork chestnut stuffing and the usual veg

copious amounts of beer n wine

not really in the mood for it. I should of flown home and had xmas with me mum n dad

• Like 2

Not sure about the food yet, although 100% won’t be turkey!

Last year we had rack of red deer which was great, so I’m mulling over doing that again & maybe just foi gras on toast to start with. My mum is coming over this year ( our turn ) so want to throw her out of her comfort zone food wise! 😂

Plus alcohol before noon which is always nice.