How time have changed.

13 hours ago, WILF said:

I knocked down an old stone barn on my place, the amount of stone that came out of it was amazing.

Got me thinking how much toil went into gathering the stone never mind building it.....all that stone was gathered and moved by hand.

The old part of my house is over 100 years old but it has unfortunately “benefitted” from and 80s makeover of pebble dash on the outside and plasterboard on the inside.

Its a b*****d for damp mind as the floors have just been laid on dirt.

Its got to come down at some point and the shame is it will be cheaper to level it than to pick all the modern shit off, sort the floors and foundation.

Be some lovely stone in it too.....bit gutting really.

a metre of wall will hold roughly a ton of stone they dont build em like that no more all the stoneworks hanging off blockwork nowadays so no need for backfill iv restored a good few old buildings and steadings when they got a hat on pointed up in lime mortar they look the part like load a folk doin air bnb out them up here now

42 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

What you on about Gravy arse

I thought I was replying to a thread about what it is like to live in an old property ! but you seem offended by my comment … could you tell  why ??????? 

On 05/12/2019 at 09:58, jetro said:

I wonder how the family that lived here were preparing for their first Christmas in their new home.  What the children were expecting from santy. 

Simpler times, not without its hardships, but probably a better pace of life than today's one.

Atb j 

20191205_093028.jpg

An orange some mixed nuts and a frozen cowpat skin frisbee

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

An orange some mixed nuts and a frozen cowpat skin frisbee

You, my good man, are getting more random by the day. Finding a  good, friable loam, isn't really that difficult. Come on now mate, look lively ?

12 hours ago, micky said:

This was our Bedroom the first job in the morning was to light the Fire.

004.JPG

I know youve stuck this up before, but there must be some memories looking at it now ......