Is this what I want ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the lad from the gun shop rang me earlier and he said it’s not good news, he rang every manufacturer they deal with, Remington, ruger, browning and bergara, not one of them will supply a .22-250

Whitchcraft ,burn him at the stake ,why only demons and ner do wells shoot from the wrong side ,check his palms for the mark of "Voldermort " Harry Potter will be warned ,hell fire and brimstone will

He was sitting down for one at the time it's the only time iv had to use the 26x zoom

Posted Images

So I’ve been looking into my new foxing rifle and I’ve found myself a new gun shop 20 minutes from me ( Bradford stalking at Chester-Le-Street) turns out they are very helpful, I’ve decided to go for the pard 008 lrf and a dtp mod ( as always) but I’ve been giving the rifle some serious thought, now the tikka .22-250 in lefty is £1150 and although a very nice rifle it is a lot of money for something that will be out in all weathers and is essentially a tool for a job, so I went and had a play with a few, first off was the Remington, this was a very nicely put together rifle and at £575 very kind on my pocket, it turns out they don’t import them in left hand, I then had a look at the howa and they still feel like a nurf gun and not for me, after that he handed me a Ruger, I felt like I was going to break it, the synthetic stock felt like it was made from the same material as the toys you get in crackers and at £550 you would definitely take the Remington over it, moving on and upping the price a little to £750 I had a look at the browning X bolt, I still really like these and it could be a contender, the last rifle was one I’d never handled before but the lad in the shop said you will like this and he wasn’t wrong, it was a  Bergara, it felt lovely, well weighed, soft touch stock and very well put together, it was the same price as the X bolt, the lad is going to see if they can supply it in lefty and let me know, then it’s make your mind up time 

• Like 1

Where are they from stav?

I remember the zastavas, they were good. The cz 500 or is that 600 series seem to get overlooked too.

While I am lamenting, I lament the lack of interest in the 1/4" bores (other than 25/06) in this country.

Edited by Sausagedog

As far as I know they are a Spanish / American company, Bergara are a Spanish precision barrel maker and an American company bought into them and started producing complete rifles in 2012, the yanks love them and I’ve seen a few reviews and they score highly  

• Like 1

Stav 

dont ignore the pulsar 750 / 870 as a dedicated scope and with a extra IR , ie SRX  

you won’t look back I’ve got the 007 , and competing against the 870 there is only one winner 870:by a country mile 

I think Mitch (VM) will back me up on that 

atb mate 

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

As far as I know they are a Spanish / American company, Bergara are a Spanish precision barrel maker and an American company bought into them and started producing complete rifles in 2012, the yanks love them and I’ve seen a few reviews and they score highly  

go for it stav... I bought a Bergara B14 a few weeks back and its mint, really well made and the trigger is way better than my Sako's!

theres a 3 shot group printout in the box and it recons 15.2mm

cant put photos up, something wrong with the site:hmm:

36 minutes ago, si brown said:

go for it stav... I bought a Bergara B14 a few weeks back and its mint, really well made and the trigger is way better than my Sako's!

theres a 3 shot group printout in the box and it recons 15.2mm

cant put photos up, something wrong with the site:hmm:

Kept that bugger quiet Si.................?

Phil

Well the lad from the gun shop rang me earlier and he said it’s not good news, he rang every manufacturer they deal with, Remington, ruger, browning and bergara, not one of them will supply a .22-250 in lefty ( even browning ?) so he said the only two are tikka and sako, so it looks like I’ll be sticking with tikka, on the brighter side he can do it for £950, that’s £200 cheaper than my usual shop, I know all the best lads shoot lefty but I’m starting to feel discriminated against for being so cool ? 

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 5
On 12/12/2019 at 20:13, Stavross said:

Well the lad from the gun shop rang me earlier and he said it’s not good news, he rang every manufacturer they deal with, Remington, ruger, browning and bergara, not one of them will supply a .22-250 in lefty ( even browning ?) so he said the only two are tikka and sako, so it looks like I’ll be sticking with tikka, on the brighter side he can do it for £950, that’s £200 cheaper than my usual shop, I know all the best lads shoot lefty but I’m starting to feel discriminated against for being so cool ? 

So you're left handed as well eh! Life can be cruel!

If you shoot a Tikka now i don't think you would of been happy with any of the others, you would always be comparing them and none of them have Tikka build quality.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ianm said:

So you're left handed as well eh! Life can be cruel!

If you shoot a Tikka now i don't think you would of been happy with any of the others, you would always be comparing them and none of them have Tikka build quality.

You could be right, it maybe a blessing in disguise, I’ll just have to work a bit harder to pay for it 

On 10/12/2019 at 18:07, Stavross said:

So I’ve been looking into my new foxing rifle and I’ve found myself a new gun shop 20 minutes from me ( Bradford stalking at Chester-Le-Street) turns out they are very helpful, I’ve decided to go for the pard 008 lrf and a dtp mod ( as always) but I’ve been giving the rifle some serious thought, now the tikka .22-250 in lefty is £1150 and although a very nice rifle it is a lot of money for something that will be out in all weathers and is essentially a tool for a job, so I went and had a play with a few, first off was the Remington, this was a very nicely put together rifle and at £575 very kind on my pocket, it turns out they don’t import them in left hand, I then had a look at the howa and they still feel like a nurf gun and not for me, after that he handed me a Ruger, I felt like I was going to break it, the synthetic stock felt like it was made from the same material as the toys you get in crackers and at £550 you would definitely take the Remington over it, moving on and upping the price a little to £750 I had a look at the browning X bolt, I still really like these and it could be a contender, the last rifle was one I’d never handled before but the lad in the shop said you will like this and he wasn’t wrong, it was a  Bergara, it felt lovely, well weighed, soft touch stock and very well put together, it was the same price as the X bolt, the lad is going to see if they can supply it in lefty and let me know, then it’s make your mind up time 

Bradford Stalker at Ouston Chester le street just down the road from me. Where you located ?