Is this what I want ?

12 minutes ago, si brown said:

Pav is your man when it comes to nv, we go out every now and again!

ive got the 007 and 008, there horses for corses but the 008 with the rangefinder is something else.. used all sorts of stuff but this unit for the money is the dogs??all these are left handed shots out of the car window and I’m right handed, the picture in picture is something else and I’ve never had to re zero it once.. furtherest rat80 yard on ir one and it goes up to 3!0DE95BFD-3000-4CCD-BBE0-A60A707213D9.jpeg.9463b8908f7e2ef8fc965be37e94ef41.jpeg

Don’t bother with the atn, there’s a don’t update warning for them at the moment as it makes them worse! 
and get your 22-250?
If I’d of gone with me gut i should of bought the one I was lookin at instead of the Sako 

Pav did tell me he spotted a maggot on your trousers , but he realised you were having a pee. :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the lad from the gun shop rang me earlier and he said it’s not good news, he rang every manufacturer they deal with, Remington, ruger, browning and bergara, not one of them will supply a .22-250

Whitchcraft ,burn him at the stake ,why only demons and ner do wells shoot from the wrong side ,check his palms for the mark of "Voldermort " Harry Potter will be warned ,hell fire and brimstone will

He was sitting down for one at the time it's the only time iv had to use the 26x zoom

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, villaman said:

Pav did tell me he spotted a maggot on your trousers , but he realised you were having a pee. :laugh:

He was sitting down for one at the time it's the only time iv had to use the 26x zoom

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

As I’ve mentioned before I’ve been thinking about another rifle as a dedicated fox rifle, I’ve been in the shop today and on the rifle side it’s looking like another tikka in .22-250 as for the scope I’m definitely going digital, I’ve had a look at the new ATN and the new pulsar but to be honest they were a bit to complicated for me, the lad then showed me the pard 008 lrf and although a weird looking thing it was easy to use and the image quality was superb, the only thing that bothered me was has it got enough magnification for night time fox work, I’d be interested to know what others are using and to what effect, I’m new to all this technology and it’s baffling me, I’ve been invited to a night vision evening next week to have a play so I think I’ll be popping along to that 

The pard 008 is a good little unit for the money, especially when used in conjunction with a solaris srx laser. I wouldn't bother with the lrf  if you are using a flat shooting calibre, the chances of using it would be limited as well if the foxes are anything like they are around here. 

On the 008 he showed me today the lrf worked constantly as you moved it around, I don’t know if this is the norm with nv, or if you have to activate it on others, I take your point on the calibre I could save myself a couple of hundred quid without the lrf

6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

On the 008 he showed me today the lrf worked constantly as you moved it around, I don’t know if this is the norm with nv, or if you have to activate it on others, I take your point on the calibre I could save myself a couple of hundred quid without the lrf

You can turn it off but if you want to swap it to your hmr or a dreaded air rifle it’ll come in handy. 

• Like 1

I have a pard 007 for the 243 , don’t like the thing, slow an laggy an field of view is shocking,I have shot plenty of foxes with it but not my cup of tea.

I have a drone on my foxing rifle, Drone pro or env 10 or 15 with Kev gun mounts will let you stay out in rain mist an fog when all the others including thermal in heavy rain will be useless, second hand drone 1000 ish, new env 10, 2200 ish, Kev gun mounts, well you’ll av to speak to kev about that ?

5 hours ago, nick703 said:

I have a pard 007 for the 243 , don’t like the thing, slow an laggy an field of view is shocking,I have shot plenty of foxes with it but not my cup of tea.

I have a drone on my foxing rifle, Drone pro or env 10 or 15 with Kev gun mounts will let you stay out in rain mist an fog when all the others including thermal in heavy rain will be useless, second hand drone 1000 ish, new env 10, 2200 ish, Kev gun mounts, well you’ll av to speak to kev about that ?

I haven't used the 007 but i agree about the Drone/ENV10 . However i haven't seen a s/h Drone at 1k they have all been £1300/£1400 and a new one at £2140. It all depends how serious you are at killing foxes, i personally wouldn't have anything less than my Drone. I can be out 4/5 nights a week foxing and is really the shooting i do most of but if you are only going once in a blue moon is it really worth the investment. The pard 008 is a handy little cost effective unit and Pulsar have nothing as good for three times the price.

19 minutes ago, ianm said:

I haven't used the 007 but i agree about the Drone/ENV10 . However i haven't seen a s/h Drone at 1k they have all been £1300/£1400 and a new one at £2140. It all depends how serious you are at killing foxes, i personally wouldn't have anything less than my Drone. I can be out 4/5 nights a week foxing and is really the shooting i do most of but if you are only going once in a blue moon is it really worth the investment. The pard 008 is a handy little cost effective unit and Pulsar have nothing as good for three times the price.

I payed a grand for my drone from a mate (mates rates)  an then sent to Kev gun for mount with lens support, my foxing pal got one for 12 with the Kev mount already fitted so his was cheaper than mine , If you Want a proper foxing set up get a drone if not get a 008 

• Like 1

Got the 007 on my .22rf and .243 for foxing ,it pees on Photon from a great height and  keeps its zero .With the solaris laser on takes it to the next level ,yes a drone would be bells n whistles but if like me you can only afford whistles the 007 Pard covers all the bases imho .

2 x adaptors =1 add on works on my Hawke and Leupold scopes so u have whatever mag u prefer and yes T ,Jacks has sour grapes as they know the pards make photon look pooh .

Mine came from CRS ,but Blackwoods on here is highly recommends by many as well and if u can av a look see before hand u decide what works bestest for Mr Stav rather than going by someone elses opinion and thinking oh bugger why did i bother atb 

• Like 2

I’ve been thinking of parting with my drone pro 10x  lately.

love it to bits but I run 4 different rifles for foxing and it makes sense just to use an add on.

sometimes you need a smaller calibre and sometimes a bigger one helps.

wish I’d have bought half a dozen drones lol

4AE882CE-5A43-4221-9087-5A88EC7AA0A4.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Got the 007 on my .22rf and .243 for foxing ,it pees on Photon from a great height and  keeps its zero .With the solaris laser on takes it to the next level ,yes a drone would be bells n whistles but if like me you can only afford whistles the 007 Pard covers all the bases imho .

2 x adaptors =1 add on works on my Hawke and Leupold scopes so u have whatever mag u prefer and yes T ,Jacks has sour grapes as they know the pards make photon look pooh .

Mine came from CRS ,but Blackwoods on here is highly recommends by many as well and if u can av a look see before hand u decide what works bestest for Mr Stav rather than going by someone elses opinion and thinking oh bugger why did i bother atb 

I’ve got a photon 6x50 an with the right laser ( modded) it totally pees all over my pard  007 , but I would never have another photon or 007  , unless I’ve got a dud 007 ?, I used to have the older photon with a doubler and that was better field of view than the pard 007 

38 minutes ago, nick703 said:

I’ve got a photon 6x50 an with the right laser ( modded) it totally pees all over my pard  007 , but I would never have another photon or 007  , unless I’ve got a dud 007 ?, I used to have the older photon with a doubler and that was better field of view than the pard 007 

If you have a 007 that isn't as good as your photon then you have a defective 007 or it is on a scope that isn't compatible with the 007.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ianm said:

If you have a 007 that isn't as good as your photon then you have a defective 007 or it is on a scope that isn't compatible with the 007.

It’s on a sidewinder, that works as it should in day light as I use it for roe and muntjac, it’s the 16 mm ( think) you only get probably half - one third of the scopes cross, cost me a fox last Friday night as I couldn’t find it in the scope before it was gone , it’s also very focus fussy 

5 minutes ago, nick703 said:

It’s on a sidewinder, that works as it should in day light as I use it for roe and muntjac, it’s the 16 mm ( think) you only get probably half - one third of the scopes cross, cost me a fox last Friday night as I couldn’t find it in the scope before it was gone , it’s also very focus fussy 

From what i am told by a mate who uses one, the sidewinder should work really well with the 007.