Is this what I want ?

As I’ve mentioned before I’ve been thinking about another rifle as a dedicated fox rifle, I’ve been in the shop today and on the rifle side it’s looking like another tikka in .22-250 as for the scope I’m definitely going digital, I’ve had a look at the new ATN and the new pulsar but to be honest they were a bit to complicated for me, the lad then showed me the pard 008 lrf and although a weird looking thing it was easy to use and the image quality was superb, the only thing that bothered me was has it got enough magnification for night time fox work, I’d be interested to know what others are using and to what effect, I’m new to all this technology and it’s baffling me, I’ve been invited to a night vision evening next week to have a play so I think I’ll be popping along to that 

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the lad from the gun shop rang me earlier and he said it’s not good news, he rang every manufacturer they deal with, Remington, ruger, browning and bergara, not one of them will supply a .22-250

Whitchcraft ,burn him at the stake ,why only demons and ner do wells shoot from the wrong side ,check his palms for the mark of "Voldermort " Harry Potter will be warned ,hell fire and brimstone will

He was sitting down for one at the time it's the only time iv had to use the 26x zoom

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I thought the the 008 was 6.5 to 12x

Yes but it has pip(picture in picture) and it doubles so 13x will be 26 in pip you won't need that to shoot foxes a sloraris srx along side the 008 will give great results out to silly distances crs has just had a black Friday deal on for a pard 007 add on and solaris for 370 quid

Arrr, I didn’t know that, I’m new to all this technology, I shoot a fair few over 200 yards so don’t want to be short on mag, I already have a PBIRL, I did like the 008 but will be going to the NV evening next week to see what others have to offer

Just now, pav said:

For the money a pard 007 or 008 will take some beating if its a Thomas Jack's nv evening they will be talking you out of a pard lol 

Yeah it is, they will be doing the pulsar hard sell, I just want to see how some of the others work at night and if they are easy enough for someone as simple as me to use

They just upset because pards are selling so well Ian blackwood only lives in hartlepool and he sells pard and pulsar you will be able to go look at stuff and choose for yourself Ian won't hard sell anything he will give you honest opinion on all stuff he sells

• Like 2

Pav is your man when it comes to nv, we go out every now and again!

ive got the 007 and 008, there horses for corses but the 008 with the rangefinder is something else.. used all sorts of stuff but this unit for the money is the dogs??all these are left handed shots out of the car window and I’m right handed, the picture in picture is something else and I’ve never had to re zero it once.. furtherest rat80 yard on ir one and it goes up to 3!0DE95BFD-3000-4CCD-BBE0-A60A707213D9.jpeg.9463b8908f7e2ef8fc965be37e94ef41.jpeg

Don’t bother with the atn, there’s a don’t update warning for them at the moment as it makes them worse! 
and get your 22-250?
If I’d of gone with me gut i should of bought the one I was lookin at instead of the Sako 

• Like 1